lights, party and ballgown

But your brother was a good substitute for you
_ _ _ _ _ _ _

Turns out what I had was a fall fever.
The weather was shifting from summers to winters.
Fall season was my favorite.

I decided to put on a hoodie after getting ready, I left for college.

Casey and I were sitting on the green fields. I was munching on my wafers.
"Our leave starts tommorow. I'm gonna miss you" Casey spoke with puppy eyes. "Yeah. Me too. But you can give me a call anytime you like".

I hated college. Everyone around me had big friend circles and went to parties, hiking and whatever friends do.

I like to look back at my life and see how boring and vain it really is. I'm born, no parents, gone to orphanage, no one adopts me, decided to join a college and make a living, don't like College, can't make friends, social interaction...zero, sleeping problems just because of the trauma I had from the dorms of the orphanage.
The dorms were dark and long. I hated the corridors. I hated it.
Goose bumps were all over my skin just thinking about it.
Sometimes at night, I get nightmares and I can't sleep so I read.

And that's how I know so many books.

Lucas's car arrives. I get up and say my goodbye to Casey.

We were in the car. "We are having a party tonight. It's a get together of all mine and Sebastian's work friends. Some of thier wives might come" a party? At our house? I was feeling so lazy, I didn't want to get ready.
"Ok. What do I wear?"
"Anything you like. Just a bit formal" he spoke parking the car infront of the house.

I was getting anxious about what I'll wear. I don't normally go out so I don't really have any party dresses.

"Lucas!" I run upto him on the sofa. "I can't find anything to wear. I have no dresses" "ok. We'll take you shopping" he smiled and picked up his call.
"Stella, um can you go with my assistant instead? I just got an important call". I sighed and nodded.
He had to work, as usual. But it's ok I'll go with his assistant then.

His assistant and me went to the most expensive shop in the area. "Why here? Isn't this one very expensive?" I asked her. "Sir always buys his coats from here so I assumed you might like the gowns here" oh! So I was wearing a gown now.

I touched all the soft velvety material of the gowns. There was red, maroon, brown, black but something caught my eye, a royal blue gown. It looked magnificent. I pulled it on and tried it to check the fitting. I loved the way it hug my body. It was quite expensive but we paid for it and left.

I was getting ready for the party in my room. I could already hear some voices downstairs.
I put on natural smokey eye makeup with light red lipstick. I looked pretty.
The smokey eye look fit perfectly with my eye color.

I put on the gown now and looked at my reflection in the mirror. It was stunning. The curves I didn't know of now existed. The gown had a slit in it giving a way to my thighs. And the top was strapless so my boobs looked good in it. I also added on long gloves to complete the look. I smiled at myself and felt more confident than before.

 I smiled at myself and felt more confident than before