30; sick

Sailor

I don't know how but everyone in the house is sick as fuck well Rosetta not too much and that's probably cause she's never around us... weird? I know. I don't know who had it first or where they even got it from but this morning everyone woke up sick.

I went to wake them up for school and some got up sneezing, coughing, sore throats, stuffy noses and then you know they're white so some of them are turning red around their eyes and nose.

I don't know how but all the kids ended up in my room like y'all have y'all own rooms with beds.

"Okayyyy" I say quietly to myself as I place 4 bowls of soup on a tray and slowly make my way to my room.

"Kaelyn and Brayden come sit on the floor" I place two bowls on the floor I then hand one to Cole and Mia. "I'll be right back" I tell before leaving back out the door.

A few moments later I come back, handing Clare, Anna, and Rosetta their soups then make my way back downstairs. As I get downstairs I hear my phone ringing.

Group facetime with the siblings. I quickly answer taking my phone with me to the kitchen. "Sai finally!" Syire says as soon as I get on the phone I roll my eyes. "Shut yo ass up Syire" he smacks his teeth together waving me off.

"Y'all wanna go get brunch?" Saige asked us. "I can't... all the kids are sick" I say sitting the phone up then placing the pots in the sink. "All of them?" I nod.

"I'm just glad they ain't throwing up." I say and they agree. "So I met this guy.." Saige starts off making me and Syire look at the phone with wide eyes.

Saige hasn't talked to anyone since high school... her ex had broken her so bad.

"Saige I swear to the big man himself if that man breaks your heart I'm hurting him soooo bad... I already got an ass whooping waiting for Leo." he boxes the air and I laugh at his dumb self.

"And I'm jumping in" Saige says "Well once my siblings fighting... I'm fighting" I shrug smirking.

"Period we finna jump that nigga" Saige yelled at the phone. I hear running down the steps and incomes Cole and Anna.

"M-Mom! Mom! Clare sh-she passed out!" Anna says and at this moment my heart rate accelerated.

I ran up the steps towards my room. I see Clare laid on the bed sweating I run over to her checking her pulse. I didn't know mama strength was real but my ass just picked up Clare.

"Grab my keys, bag, and phone. NOW!" I make my way outside to the car. Cole unlocks the car door and I lay her across the back seat.

"I'm coming!" Mia says "Me too" Anna says behind her. I look at them like they're crazy "Y'all are sick.. go in the house" I see Mia about to say something "Now" I grit out.

Both her and Anna go into the house. I get in the car speeding to the hospital.

• • •

"Parent or Parents for Clare Green" I stand up quickly walking over to the doctor. "Is she alright?" I ask her and she nods "Yes. Her cold turned into a fever and the fever spiked. Her body heated up which caused her to pass out" I nod

"Can I see her?" she nods and leads me to Clare's hospital room. "M-Mom?" she says as we enter the room. "Yes... it's me" I smile softly at her.

"Mommy I was so scared. I told Anna that I was hot then she started fanning me then I felt darkness and boom now I'm here" I see her eyes well up.

I go over hugging her. "I don't know how all of us got sick out of nowhere" she says as I pull away.

"Did y'all eat something other than what I cooked?" I question her. "No... but...." I look at her with an eyebrow raised. "Rosetta- she made this rice bowl.... yesterday and she said that it was one of her cultural foods so we didn't turn it down." she says like she's connecting the dots.

"Anna said it tasted weird" she adds "And now that I think about it she didn't eat none" she looks at me surprised "D-Do you think she poisoned us?" And just like that I blacked out.

• • • • •

WHEWWWWWWW

🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚