2.

A month later
"Stop knocking on this damn door" Ximora's mom said as she yanked the door open.

"I need more money mama, it's getting cold and KJ needs a new coat" Ximora asked.

Her mom had kicked them out again because of her new boyfriend. Getting tired of this, Ximora had found her and KJ a permanent place to stay, of course with no help. Sometimes her mom had the decency to send a little money.

"These kids back again?" Her boyfriend asked as he eyed Ximora causing her to shift uncomfortably, he smirked then walked off.

"This why y'all out now, you want my man. You betta take that $200" her mama said slamming the door.

Ximora huffed with tears in her eyes and grabbed KJ's hand.

"You gotta be like. 'I NEED SOME MONEY MAMA, WHAT IMMA DO WIT $200?? WHATS NOT CLICKING SHERISE?" KJ said as they waited on the bus stop.

Ximora started laughing but quickly frowned seeing how small KJ's coat was. She took hers off and put it over her.

"Now you're gonna be cold" KJ said.

Ximora shrugged "I like being cold, especially since you're warm"

A red scat pack pulled in front of them and a car horn beeped. Ximora tried to look in the car but the tints were dark.

Finally the windows rolled down revealing Draco.

"Why y'all out in the cold?" He asked scrunching up his face.

Ximora rolled her eyes "For fun"

He chuckled and unlocked his doors "Lemme take y'all home"

KJ grabbed her bag and headed to the car until Ximora pulled her back.

"We're fine, thank you tho" Ximora said causing KJ to mug her.

He shook his head "Ximora, you waiting on the bus in the cold wit my dawg. Just lemme take you home"

"Mora please" KJ begged.

Ximora sighed and gathered their stuff then headed to the car.

She lightly smiled as she sat on heated seats "Thank you"

"What y'all doing over here?" He asked as he sped off.

"Umm visiting, you?" She asked.

"Business" he briefly answered.

She nodded knowing what that meant single she'd seen him doing business with all her mom's boyfriends.

"How was school KJ?" He asked turning the heat up more as Ximora shivered.

"It was good, me and my friends made Christmas lists" KJ smiled.

He nodded "What you put on yours?"

"An iPad cause this Walmart one always broke..." Ximora zoned out as she started to list everything, she knew she probably wouldn't be able to get any of that, regardless she would still try.

"Oh yea?" Draco sounded as KJ kept talking.

"How was school, Mora?" He asked bringing her back in.

"It was fine" she answered quietly.

He nodded "Y'all hungry?"

Ximora quickly shook her head no, while KJ said yes.

"What y'all want?" He asked.

"We're good, I'm gonna cook when we get home" she told him.

"Cook what?" KJ mumbled, but they both heard her.

"Ximora lemme just buy y'all sum quick to eat"

"Can we get Chic Fil A?" KJ asked from the backseat.

"We can" he told her.

Soon he pulled into chic fil a's driveway.

He ordered KJ's food then turned to Ximora "I'm fine" she told him.

"Lemme get the 12 count nugget meal with a vanilla milkshake and Polynesian sauce" he said then moved to the next window.

Once they got their food KJ immediately opened her bag, Ximora guiltily watched, this was KJ's first meal of the day.

"Eat Mora" Draco said noticing Ximora sitting there.

"I don't have the money right now, but I'll-"

"Just eat Ximora" she nodded and opened her bag.

Soon they pulled up to her apartment complex and got out.

"Hmm" he sounded putting some money in her hand.

She shook her head "Thank you, but no you already done a lot"

"Ximora.." he warned, she sighed and took it seeing his patience was low.

KJ dapped him up then they headed upstairs.

Ximora scrunched up her face as their front door came into view, a red slip was stuck on it.

EVICTION NOTICE

She snatched the paper off the door and huffed feeling tears form, she had 6 days to find them a new place.