2.

( I tried 1st person and hated it, ignore it for now)

A couple days had passed since I read Michaels letter and I was back at Fox River but this time, not for Mike.

"Come on LJ!" I groaned as he refused to get out the car. "You attempt to deal weed and this is what you get."

He looked over at me and sighed before opening the door and following me inside.

Lisa phoned me yesterday asking if I could take LJ to see Lincoln. He had been caught trying to deal cannabis and was signed up to a scared straight programme and Lincoln was his mentor.

We went through the security process again and were lead into the visitation room but this time we were taken to two seats, the opposite side of a glass box.

"LJ sweetie could you please give me a second with your Dad." I asked and he nodded, standing up and walking to an empty bench.

Soon after, Lincoln was bought out. He looked shocked to see me but was smiling wider than ever. I immediately felt guilty for not visiting my brother sooner.

"Bella, thank god it's you. How have you been?" He eagerly said.

I smiled at him and tears started to form. "I've been better but i'm managing. I'm so sorry I haven't visited sooner I just couldn't bring myself to see you chained up." I exclaimed as I rested my head on the glass which he copied.

"Hey don't beat yourself up it's okay, I'm just glad you're alright." Before he could continue he noticed his son sat on the bench behind.

I looked at where he was looking and sighed. "He's been arrested for charges on dealing, you're supposed to try and convince him not to and give him fatherly advice."

Lincoln nodded and breathed in heavily.

"I'll be back, I promise." I said before kissing my two fingers and placing them on the glass and walking over to the bench. "Your turn kid." LJ looked up at me and walked over to where I was previously sat.

I really hoped that Michaels plan would work and that I still had time with my brother.

Another week passed and I had visited my brothers once more.

Since the last time I saw LJ, he had been accused of the murder of his mother and step father and was missing. I was distraught by the news and deeply concerned but I hoped he was okay.

The only thing on my mind other than that was that Lincoln's execution was tomorrow and Michaels plan had failed. He had phoned me earlier telling me their plan was ruined and that he needed to delay the execution but I had huge doubts.

I slept and it was soon the day of his death.

Afternoon came round and I made my way to the prison and went through security and everything. This time, instead of visitation I was lead to the final visitations room.

When the guards opened the door I saw both my brothers playing cards. Once I entered they stopped and looked over to me, smiling when they realised who I was.

"Lincoln, oh my god!" I squealed as my eldest brother pulled me in for a tight hug, missing his huge body around my own. "I can't believe I can actually hug you again."

"It's good to see you too Bella." He chuckled as he rested his head on mine.

Once Linc and I were done, I went over to Michael and hugged him aswell.

"I'm sorry, I can't believe I failed you both." He murmured.

"Michael stop it, it's not your fault." I responded, hugging him tighter.

The three of us then sat down and spoke about our childhood, random things and played a few games of cards. After a little while, Veronica arrived and we all greeted her.

Once she had spoken for a bit, she took out her phone and handed it to me. I was confused but took it.

"Hello?" I asked, puzzled.

"Aunt Bella, It's LJ!" He said, sounding happy he could finally talk to me.

Tears welled in my eyes, grateful he was safe. "Oh thank god you're okay LJ, where are you?"

"I'm with V's friend Nick, I'm okay I promise. If anything happens and I don't get the chance to speak to you properly before I get caught then I love you Aunt Bella and you've changed my life in so many ways." I could tell that he was starting to become emotional as his voice started to shake.

"I love you so much LJ, stay safe." After that, I handed the phone to Lincoln who had a similarly emotional conversation with his son.

After a while, the guards, the doctor and the warden came inside and told us our time was up. My heart sank as we began to follow him to the hallway outside the electric chair room.

"Can I?" Veronica asked Bellick, signalling towards Lincoln. Bellick nodded and she said her final goodbyes. Michael was then briefly uncuffed and then finally I went up to my brother.

"Thank you for basically parenting me my whole life." I muffled out between sobs, hugging Linc with my head in his shoulder.

"I love you so much Bella, never forget that." He said as I pulled away.

"I'll always love you." I responded before walking back and watching him be taken into the room. We were then guided into the viewing room where a few reporters were. I looked over at one of them and he smiled at me so I smiled back, not paying much attention.

We watched as my brother was strapped up.

It was time.

Before they could do anything, the curtain dropped and all of our hearts sank to our stomachs, not knowing what was happening.

We were then taken into a separate room and waited a few minutes.

Those few minutes were the worst of my life.

Soon after, the door opened and Warden Pope and Lincoln came inside and I felt so much relief take over.

"I'm so sorry for all the stress. Your brother's execution has been delayed. I do not know how long just yet but it's being delayed." Pope said before leaving and giving us privacy.

I looked over at Michael and he nodded, signalling that the escape was still on.

After we all spoke some more, I left and came back home.

Another week passed and in this time, I received the call.

Michael told me the escape was back on. It was my time to disappear, my time to go against everything I had believed in.

The day after he told me, I went into work and pretended everything was normal. I was one of the first to leave and I made sure to bring everything I could.

My FBI ID, my gun and a fake ID from one of my past cases. I rushed home and grabbed all the money from my safe and then rushed to the spot he told me to wait at.

His original plan was to call me a week before but last minute changes happened and he told me he's leaving the day after he phoned.

Anticipation killed me as I sat on the ground, next to an old van, waiting for my brothers.

It was that very moment that the sirens blared in the distance, signalling it was time.