9.

"The guys in the store IDed two men as Scofield and Burrows at 1:00pm. They could be 300 miles away by now."

"They have loads of stolen tools, they're here and they're digging."

"You really thing there's $5 Million buried in the streets of Tooele, Utah?"

"No, but they do. That's what matters."

"Mr Mahone, we don't have the facilities to go door to door asking everyone."

"No, but they'll help us." Alex said as the two men stood and looked into the separate interrogation rooms.

"Bella and the kid are sure taking a long time to fill that gas tank up!"

"They'll be fine Linc, Bella knows what she's doing."

"Leaned on him in every way I can think of, David's not talking," The man said to Mahone. "Should I try the girl next?"

"No, leave her to me. I'll get them both to talk." He replied before walking into Tweeners interrogation room and shutting the blind.

"Are you Catholic?" He asked, receiving no answer. "Not much good in it, a lot of guilt. The one good thing is confession. Whatever's bothering you, letting it out. I find it helps."

"I got nothing to say!" Tweener stated, slapping the table in anger.

"So what if I told you something?" He paused, looking at Tweener and continuing. "Oscar Shales.... A guy that my partner and I were chasing a few years back, smart as hell. We kept just missing him. It became a sort of game, always just behind him. It would've been quite fun if it weren't for him killing people all along the way. Bodies kept stacking up- I felt as if it was because of me. That we weren't doing our job properly..." Tweener sat, emotionless, watching the man confess his secrets.

"Never did catch him, but I did lose him. I saw things when I would drive at night- so did she, my partner. It tore us apart, I blanked her when she needed me the most. Nightmares that felt so real causing us both to wake up in a sweat, that's what these little guys are for," He said as he placed a few pills on the table. "Ought to try it sometime."

"Like I said before, I ain't gonna tell you nothing."

"You know where those guys are."

"If you're looking for a rat, you got the wrong guy man."

"Nah I'm just trying to spare you some guilt." He replied, showing Tweener the images of Bagwells victims.

"He was out less than 24 hours when he took his first victim. If you don't tell me where he is now, he will kill again and that blood will be on your hands." Alex stood up, leaving the kid to dwell on his decision. He decided it was time to face Bella.

He walked into her room, her head was resting on the table- lifting it once she heard someone else's footsteps. Once she saw who it was, she scoffed.

"Hello Bel," Alex said, sitting down, causing her to glare at him. "I get why you don't want to talk to me but tough, I need to know where your brothers are. I know you probably won't tell me but please, Bagwell is murdering innocent people." She kept staring at him without saying a word. "The kid next door won't talk either, I even confessed my secrets to him- Oscar Shales." This name caused Bellas eyes to widen.

"Don't use him to make me talk- what happened with Shales showed your true colours. You never cared about me Alex, you're selfish."

"You know that's not true-" He said as he stood up, walking round next to Bella and kneeling by her. "I loved you Bella, you know I did. I just couldn't do that to Cam. I couldn't run away from my son and start a new life with you." He whispered, placing his hand on her face.