10.

Gun shots haunted the air.

David Apolskis was dead, bullet holes scattered across his body.

Alex was shaking. His breaths were unsteady and he was trying to compose himself: he pulled out the pen he keeps his pills in and downed a couple.

Bella felt her heart stop, was she next?

Just as she was thinking this, Alex walked over to her; the gun raised but this time at her.

"Please Alex don't do this! We've been through so much together, you loved me, you can't do this to me. Please!" Bella rambled really quickly, tears pouring out of her eyes as she slowly tried to back away. Before she could get any further, she felt her back hit something solid- the car.

Bella closed her eyes, ready to feel the impact of bullets inside of her.

But she didn't.

Alex wiped his forehead, lowering the gun before wrapping his arms around Bellas shoulder.

"I would never hurt you Bel, I-I could never, but I don't know what to do with you instead." He stated, shocking Bella who was frozen still.

"If I take you back to the station they're going to ruin your life- I should take you back to the station. But then how do I explain one dead convict and one not? The only solution is to let you go just outside the town centre." He said very quickly, thinking out loud.

"What?" Is all Bella could say.

Alex grabbed her arm and dragged her into the car before driving off.

They drove for roughly 15 minutes before Alex stopped again. "Next time I catch you, I have to take you in- and I'm not taking these cuffs off of you. If anyone asks, you escaped and I was too caught up in the death of Apolskis to chase you."

Bella nodded, biting her lip. She was still overwhelmed over the previous events that she didn't know how to act.

"I'm sorry it's turned out this way."

Alex got out of the car, opened Bellas door and let her out. She looked back at him before running as fast as she could with her hands cuffed infront of her.

Bella had been running for 20 minutes and was sprinting through a forest, desperately trying to get as far away from Alex as possible.

Her mind was clouded with too many thoughts. Thoughts about Alex, thoughts about her brothers, everything.

As she started to slow down, she heard voices from infront of her.

"Just let me think."

"We cant go back."

"The moneys not at the house unless T Bag is."

Bella recognised those voices- Michael and Sucre. She picked up her pace and started jogging over to the two.

Michael was too busy trying to come up with a plan but Sucre noticed her, widening his eyes. "Chica? I thought you were dead!"

This caused Michael to look up, meeting his sisters eyes. "Bella, thank god you're safe." He pulled his younger sister into a hug, relieved she was back. "What happened-" He questioned when he noticed cuffs on her hand.

"I don't wanna talk about it, Mahone found us- let me go though." She stated as her face fell. Michael knew his sister better than to question it but he was starting to wonder what was going on between his sister and Agent Mahone.

"Bella we have bad news. We don't have the money- T Bag must have switches the bags."

"What do we do now?"