4.

The night soon turned into day, nothing had changed- we were still on the run.

The cops were hot on our tail and at this point, we were running for our lives; the cops being armed and ready to shoot.

So far, no one had identified who I was but obviously people had picked up on the fact that that there was an extra person. Unfortunately for me, I'm supposed to be at work any minute now so sooner or later there will be speculations.

All of our surroundings looked the same, the trees, the ground, everything.

For a split second I heard an engine and knew it was our shot at getting a bit of a lead.

"Guys follow me!" I shouted and everyone complied.

My brother and Fernando were a bit slower and were trailing behind but not far enough for me to show concern.

We all ran out of the forest and saw a train track. If we ran fast enough we could run in-front of the train and across to the other side- so that's what we did.

Benjamin and Lincoln ran across first, and then John and myself. We only just made it and I knew that Michael and Fernando wouldn't be able to do the same.

The four of us ran into the woods this side of the tracks and waited for Michael and Fernando.

A few minutes passed and they came running to us, thank god they were safe. As we ran a bit further, we came to a small clearing in the woods and stopped; taking time to map out our next steps. Before we could properly discuss, we ran into a new problem.

"Hey sweetie, are you alright?" I softly spoke, walking up to the little girl in front of us.

She looked a bit scared so I wanted to try and calm her down. I took down my hood and smiled at her. "What are you guys doing here?" She questioned.

By this point, Benjamin had crouched next to me aswell. "Fishing!"

"With no poles?" God why did his girl have to be so observant.

"Yeah we fish with our hands sometimes, what are you doing out here on your own?" I replied, hoping the girl wasn't in trouble.

"Im hunting with my dad!" My face dropped and I can imagine everyone else's did.

"Gracie?" We heard a man call from the distance and we all knew this wasn't going to end well.

He came out and saw all of us stood there. "Get away from her!" He shouted, pointing his rifle at us. He paused. "You're that fox river lot!"

I sighed, knowing that we didn't really have a way out; that was until Abruzzi ran to the girl and grabbed her, holding a gun to her head. "Put down the weapon man and she will be free." He calmly spoke.

"John get off of her!" I shouted. I couldn't believe what he was doing. Everyone else started protesting as the man did what John said.

"You're going to be okay, run to daddy." He whispered to the girl as he let her go.

"Do you have a car?" Michael asked as the man nodded, hugging his daughter.

"Yeah it's about a mile in that direction." He replied, handing us his car keys.

We all started to go in that direction. As I passed him I apologised. "I'm so sorry for what just happened."

Once in the car, we started driving but the tension was high.

"Alright that's it I want him out!" Benjamin demanded. "That was a little girl! Man I have a daughter."

"So do I! But if I hadn't done what I did we wouldn't be on our way to see them right now." He shouted back, trying to get us to understand why he did what he did.