CHAPTER ONE

It was another lonely morning for Kate. Seeing the empty space besides her as she woke up, she sighed sadly and left the room.

It has been six years since she last saw her husband, Daniel and it had been toiling on her both physically and emotionally. She was tired of waiting and tired of hearing ' I will be home soon ' from him through phone calls. She lazily brushed her teeth and took  her bath before going to work. While at the office, she was not focused as her mind wandered to Daniel. That had been her way for a long time.

When she got home, she went straight to the bedroom and lay flat on the bed still thinking of him. She remembered when she met him then she was still in college. Daniel was a year after her. On first sight, she already had a crush on him and being a timid girl, she always avoided him and looked away any time their eyes met. Daniel being the brave one, approached her for friendship, months later they started dating. Two years after college, they got married. They were a lovely and happy couple. They were also a perfect match in everyone's eyes. Everything seemed good until Daniel had a business proposal and had leave for America.

His family owned chains of hotels which was known as ' the Larsons '. So when the proposal came which was to set up the business in America, he saw it as an opportunity to improve his business and couldn't decline. Kate was against it but she could not do anything as her husband's mind was already made up. He left promising to return soon. Days turned into weeks,weeks into months and months into years. And then six years. With time it became hard to communicate with him. She could only speak to him once in two weeks. And even on such occasion, it would only last for two minutes and she wouldn't be able to say anything reasonable. She always wondered what could keep him so busy that he could not make time to speak with his loving wife or answer any of her messages. He even made time to update pictures of himself and some business partners on Instagram or so she thought.

This made her worried and got her thinking of the possibility that he might have another family over there. Even his own parents kept their distance from her. Her parents were already asking questions. In two months time, she would be thirty. She has already celebrated five birthdays without him. Celebrating the sixth one would be so painful for her considering the fact he wouldn't be present as it was supposed to be memorable for her. Things were not going the way she planned. When she newly wedded, she had seen herself having three children before completing thirty. But as it was, she could not boast of a child or her husband by her side. Thinking about it made her burst into tears. She loved her husband so much but it seemed to her that is love for her was dead.