CHAPTER FIVE

DANIEL'S POV

" What was that about ? " Samira exploded immediately we all entered the room. I ignored her and locked the door behind us. " Kids, you can lay on the bed now. Your room would be shown to you later. " I said and they did not hesitate to climb the bed. They were really tired. " Daniel am I not talking to you ? " Samira asked angrily. " Can you just let me be ? I also did not expect to see her. I warned mum that she must not be told of my arrival that I would see her later. " I snapped at her. " Really? Why did she show up all of a sudden at the door ?" She asked and went to sit on the couch.

" Perhaps it is better things happened the way it did. " She said. " And why is that ? " I asked stunned. " So that she will really know that you are already married with two children and your wife is expecting another. " She said yawning. " Also, be fast with the divorce process. I want everything to be finalized in two days.

I looked at her confused." And you think she let go easily? " She was about saying something when all of a sudden, we heard a loud bang at the door jerking the children up from the bed. " Open this stupid door Daniel. Open it. You cannot just come back after six lonely lonely painful  years and call me your sister. Serious Daniel, your sister? Tell that bitch that I am your wife. " Kate shouted still banging the door.

" Daddy who's that ? " My son, Jake asked me. " Honey please go back to sleep. Don't mind the noise" Samira said glaring at me. " Mummy I yam scet " Roseline's tiny voice rang through the room. I looked at her feeling helpless. Immediately Samira went towards the bed and hugged both of them, trying to calm them down. All of a sudden, we heard someone trying to calm Kate.

After a while, the noise reduced and they both left but I still hear her sobbing. ' I hurt her damn bad ' I know. ' I broke her heart ' I know. Who would wait for a man for six years only for the man to come back with another woman as if wife with two children.

" Daniel, hasten up and finalize your marriage with her. I can't continue to keep up with this madness." Yeah. It was Samira who said that. The same woman that had trapped in her beauty when I set my eyes on her for the first time. That was a year after in America. She had me wrapped around her finger.

I lied shamelessly to her about my marital status in order to make her mine. My plan was to date her and dump her before leaving America but I guess she had other plans. Out of the blue, she got pregnant out of our illicit affair and she insisted that we must get married as she cannot have a child outside marriage. I suggested we terminate the pregnancy but she bluntly refused even when I told her the truth about my marriage. So we did a court wedding.

She was not just any woman, she was the daughter of my business partner. When I told my parents what I had gotten myself into, they were very disappointed and refused to talk to me for days. They nearly disowned me as they did to Jesse. I was able to convince them not to tell anything to Kate. That's why they bought her house for her to live in so that they do not break down and spill everything to her.

It was Jake's birth that got them talking to me again. when I announced the news to them, mum immediately cut the call on me. I thought the news made her angrier only to see her two days after in America. We joyfully celebrated Jake's birth. Dad sent his greetings and regards. After Jake, came Roseline.

Soon, Samira got impatient and demanded I take her to Ireland, my home country since the business I came for had long be completed. After a lot of heated argument, I agreed. I can never really win in an argument with her.

I had warned mum not to make known my intending arrival to Kate, so that I could go visit her, talk to her and there after we divorce peacefully. Only for the door to be opened and be pulled into a bear hug by Kate. Seeing how broken I made her, I wondered if she would be able to take the news of our intending divorce lightly.