CHAPTER SEVEN

Mrs meeve's POV

Kate had contacted me earlier that she was coming to Dublin today. According to her, after the divorce process, she would take the next bus to Dublin.

It pains me that I could not be there for my daughter when she was passing through all these things. What pains me most is that Daniel was the cause of her pains. I remembered when she was still in college, anytime she comes for a visit, all she did was to talk about that boy. It got to a point that I wondered if she was in college to study or to look at the boy.

When they both started dating, my daughter was all over the moon. Always smiling and posting pics on Instagram of them. When she introduced him to us, we were not really comfortable with him. He seemed dishonest. We also noticed that he loved boasting.

But my daughter's happiness mattered to me. So I kept all my observation to myself and gave them my support. As for my husband, he voiced out his opinion of him which earned him her hatred.

Eventually he gave up fighting is daughter and accepted the man but not with all his heart. Seeing the way Daniel took care of her when they newly wedded, I was happy that I did not go against my daughter.

Now everything had changed. All the six years my own daughter waited for him was for nothing. I regret not joining my husband to voice out my opinion. Perhaps if I had joined him, we would have been able to convince her to forget about it but I did not because I was afraid of my daughter's hatred.

I'm indirectly paying for my silence. All I and my husband can do is hope she forgets this pain. She is our only child. Only God knows what I would do to myself of anything happens to her.

" Lora. Kate just called. " Came my husband voice. I felt smile creeping to my face. " What did she say? " I asked impatiently. " She said that she is close by ". I quickly hurry up with the cooking and rushed to freshen up.

" Ding dong " came the door bell. Kate was at the door. I walked to the door and opened it. I saw my daughter, my beautiful daughter looking really thin with dark spot on her eyes. I just felt as if to cry. " Kate " I muttered. Immediately she started crying and fell on me. " I loved him mum, I did with all my heart and soul yet he chose to throw away our marriage and all the time we have been together. Wasn't I enough? " She lamented. I felt pain all over my body.

I just dragged her inside with the luggages and closed the door behind us. I laid her on the cushion with her head on my lap. " Darling please is okay. All will be ok. " I said. Jason, my husband just sat still and kept quiet. He looked at her with pity and sadness. After a while, she slept.

" If only she listened to me. " Jason lamented immediately he noticed she was asleep. " Can you just stop this? " I said angrily. " This is not the time to put blame on her. The damage as been done already.

" Off course you would talk like that. After all, it was because of you that all these happened to my daughter. If you had not supported her... "

" If you had persisted, perhaps she would have listened to you. " I shouted angrily cutting him short. This made Kate to stir. I quickly pet her hair making her calm down. I looked at Jason angrily. " Stop appointing blames. Please. " He let out a loud groan.

**************************************
KATE's POV

It's been a week. I would be going to Singapore today. Jesse flew back three days ago to accompany me. Mum and dad have been very supportive towards me. I expected a lot of scolding from dad but I guess mum was able to tame me as she usually does. Good thing she hasn't lost her touch.

" Ready to go,? " Jesse asked snapping me out of my thought. I smiled at him in response. " Ok. Meet you outside. He left. Dad didn't say anything bad against him instead he adored him. Once I heard dad ask mum why I had fallen for Daniel not Jesse. Well that was expected. I went to the sitting room. Mum and dad followed me outside straight to the cab, where Jesse was waiting for me.

" son, please take care of my coconut. " " Seriously dad? " I groaned angrily. " Aren't you a coconut? Just like a coconut, you're very hard to crack. Back to what I was saying. Take care of her and be warned, if anything bad happens to her, I will hold you responsible.

" Yes dad. " Jesse responded meekly.  " Dad? When did that start ? " Ignoring my question, Jesse continued. " You have nothing to worry about. " They spoke to us for some time before we left.

After our plane took off, I looked at the surrounding again and cried silently. Luckily, Jesse was on his phone so he did not notice my mood. I have resolved not to shed a tear for him. No, I would not give them that satisfaction.

I brought out a book and pen to write down a resolution list. I would never think of Daniel or have anything to do with him again. I will dedicated in my new place of work. I will not let myself be a pity case ever again. I will not keep male friends except Jesse. I will not watch any romantic movie as I believe that real romance never last. I will never eat apple ( Daniel's favorite fruit ), or adore anything red ( Daniel's favorite color ). I will go to church often. I will improve myself as a interior designer. Finally, I will never fall in love. At least, that was one of the resolution I was sure I could keep after being brutally and mercilessly bruised by love.