CHAPTER TWO

KATE's POV

It was another Saturday when nanny Mary called me. Nanny Mary is the oldest worker in the Larsons residents. She is actually more of my spy than an employee because she updates me on everything that happens in the house. Her shrill voice ran through the phone but it was only one thing I could process ' DANIEL WILL BE BACK AT THE END OF THE MONTH '. I was so shocked when she said those words that I dropped my phone. Tears of joy gathered in my eyes and I started dancing forgetting I had not cut the call.

I quickly dismissed her and started packing my things back to his parents residence. When Daniel had wedded me, we lived in his parents' house. Two years after he left for the so called business proposal, his parents gave me another place to be staying saying it was Daniel's order.  After hearing what Nanny Mary said, I knew I have to go back because when he arrives, he would go straight to his parents house. I want to be the first would see, I want to be the first person to hug him, I want to be the first person to complain and quarrel with him for leaving too long making me have negative thoughts.

First thing the next day, I would be on my way to the Larsons. I looked at myself at the mirror, JEEZZZ....😨😨. I just realized how pale I looked. "Oh my God, I need a new touch". I said to myself. I quickly brushed my teeth, took my bath and ate enough before going to the salon leaving every where messy.

I washed my hair and gave it a very beautiful braid. When the hair stylist was done, I couldn't help the full blown smile that crept under my cheek, followed by a giggle. When I got home I invited Naski, my best friend to give me a light touch for tomorrow's journey as she was a perfectionist in make up.

When she came over, I shared with her everything and she was so happy for me. She immediately gave me some face treatment and scolded me for not taking care of myself. How was it my fault ? She promised to complete the process the next day and after hours of laughter and talks, she left. I checked the time. Still 2:15 'Argghh' I exclaimed inwardly. Why is time so slow? I really... I 'DESPERATELY' wanted to look  perfect in the dreamy eyes of my Daniel. I could hardly sleep. It was just too far away. I kept day dreaming about what I and Daniel would do when he returns. " would he more handsome? What will happen to the invisible six packs he always boast of, will they become visible?  Thank God he is coming back before I complete thirty ". I kept talking to myself. I had not yet told my parents about it. I decided to make it a surprise for them after everything has been settled.

I woke up to a grinning Naski besides my bed. My eyes moved to the wall clock in my room. Gosh 9:13. "Hey, why didn't you wake me up?" I asked angrily at her. "It was obvious you didn't sleep on time so I decided to let you sleep well. Don't blame me" she shouted back. Naski is so impossible. She couldn't even wake me up and now I'm late. I quickly got up from the bed and freshened up. All these I did while thinking of HIM. After dressing up, Naski did her MAGIC on my face and gave me some beauty cream and directed me on how I was to use it until Daniel comes back. I listened ' very attentively ' to every thing she said.

She saw me of in the park and left when I entered the bus. I happily took some pictures and updated it on Instagram with love captions. Daniel's return will really change alot of things. I couldn't wait, I know.

After a while in the bus, my phone started vibrating, I looked at the caller, it was nanny Mary. I happily answered it. " Hello nanny Mary ". I said happily. " How are you doing? " She asked in a shaking voice. "Is there any problem?" I asked. " No, there's no problem." She replied. I just saw your post on Instagram. " Oh that. It is actually nothing. My darling husband will be back soon. So I just decided to look good for him. " I said. " Infact I am on my way to mummy and daddy's house. "

" OH MY GOD " she exclaimed. " Kate do you ever listen? What did I tell you yesterday? She asked. " Erm.... You said that Daniel would be coming back at the end of the month. " " Was that all? " She asked sternly. Then I realized that, that was all I heard. I didn't bother to listen to every other things she said. " Nanny please that was all I heard. Did you say any other thing? " I asked. "GOD" she exclaimed again. " Did I not tell you that Aunty and Uncle said to keep it from you? " " To keep it from me? " I repeated. " Yes, I did not know why they said so but they also added that Daniel would come to meet you when he returns. Please, if you could just go back and.... " " Hell no " I shouted cutting her short. " There's no way I'm going back. Six years nanny, six good years and you talk about going back. Every other woman in my shoes would have given up. I don't care what they said. I am coming " Everyone in the bus were already looking at me even the driver was trying to steal a glance. Was I that loud ? " Okay I have heard you " she said in a defeated voice. " Thank you" I said

I quickly cut the call to avoid her saying any other thing. Then I began to think of what she said. ' why would they want to keep it a secret from me ' I asked myself. Then I remembered her saying that Daniel would come meet me by himself. Then I smiled to myself. ' perhaps he wants to surprise me ' How sweet of him. But that did not mean I was going back home. No way. I had waited too long to go back all because of a surprise.

Thirty minutes later, I arrived at the residence. I looked at it closely. It was the place I and Daniel had stayed after our marriage. His parents insisted we stay there as it was big enough to house us.

I rang the bell and immediately, the security on duty opened for me. He looked shocked when he saw me. Why wouldn't he be? After all, they have been instructed to keep Daniel's arrival a secret from me. " Good afternoon mam " he greeted. " Good afternoon to you too " I greeted back and let myself in. I looked around. Things have indeed changed. " Is mummy and daddy home? " " Yes " he answered. " Let me inform them that you're here " " oh no. There will be no need for that. I just decided to pay them a surprise visit ". I said " please help me with my luggages. "

He quickly collected my luggages from me as l led the way. As we approached the front porch, I could hear light chattering from inside. " They should be in the living room " I said to the security. " It seems so " he replied me. On getting to the porch, I paused a little imagining the smiles and happiness I would receive when they see me. I smiled at this thought and knocked at the door.

After a while, the door opened revealing a fair version of Daniel leaving me stunned.

" Dddaniel... " I stuttered. The young man who was also shocked upon seeing me cleared his throat awkwardly and smiled. I felt my heart do some flops at his smile reminding me of the first time I saw Daniel only that this time, I saw I could feel random things moving my belly. " You must be Kate " he said bringing me out of my trance. "Yeesss... " I said blushing. Even his voice sounded so, so... ' concentrate Kate, you're here for D. ' I scolded myself.

" Well I'm Jesse, Daniel's younger brother brother ". He said and extended his hand. I shook it hesitantly. ' so Daniel had a younger brother. He never mentioned it to me '

" Jesse, who's that? " a voice shouted from inside. It was Mrs Larson. Jesse immediately let me in and I walked in seeing both his parents and Nanny Mary sitting on the cushion.

" Hi mum, hi Dad " I greeted smiling expecting a warm hug but their reaction was the direct opposite of what I had expected.