CHAPTER FOURTEEN

( KATE'S POV )

I couldn't believe that I and Jesse, my ex brother in-law were now dating. Honestly, I didn't feel any regret when I accepted his proposal. I only felt fear. The fear of what his parents and what the society might say.

I remembered how rude I was to his parents on the day I left their house. That might still give them another reason not to accept me. But Jesse didn't seem to care. What mattered to him was the fact I accepted his proposal. Nothing else and Nobody else seemed to matter. Hopefully when I have realized my feelings, his parents won't object to our relationship.

The following day he was discharged. . I hoped that everything will be smooth for both of us. I felt something for him but I wasn't sure of it. Hopefully I'd figure it out after our one month relationship.

______________________

( A YEAR AND THREE MONTH LATER )

( JESSE'S POV )

I opened the door only to be met with a glaring Kate. " Babe you're back already. " I said obviously shocked and really excited. She had been gone for centuries and was to arrive the next day. I happily moved to hug her.

" Hold it there Mr. " She shouted making me halt in my steps. " Why didn't you tell me that Larry planed to propose to Janet today? I had to see it on his Instagram post. " She looked angry and I better give her an explanation soon.

" Babe listen, with all your busy schedule and the fact that you had gone on a week business trip, I thought that you might be too busy. "

" Still you could have told me. I would have cut my trip short for her. Now Janette would think that I am too busy for her ". " You're seriously worried about her? You just came back, no hugs or kisses for me, your boyfriend. What I get from you is scolding. Besides you weren't supposed to come today. "

" Arrgghhh... " She groaned loudly. " Don't you think you're too old to bear a ' boyfriend ' title. " She said clearly annoyed. I just smiled at her.

" Anyway I wanted to surprise you so I lied that I was to come tomorrow. When I came back, I got bored waiting for you and logged into the internet. Larry's proposal to Janet was the first thing I saw when I logged in. "

" It's all over the net already? " " I'm not surprised. It's a really romantic proposal. " She said smiling forgetting the fact that she was angry with me. I scooted close to her and wrapped my arms around her waist. Before she could say anything, I spoke.

" Don't you think it is kind of romantic surprising your boyfriend. I leaned closer to her. " I've really missed you. " She shifted from me a little. " It been barely 7 days. "  " Yeah barely 7 decades. " I said covering the space between us. She pulled away from me and stood up.  " It's been barely one week Mister. "  " Yeah. One century. " I smirked seeing the frustration on her face.

" I made Laksa while waiting for you " she said moving away from the sitting room. " And no hugs, kisses and don't even think of going to the kitchen until after taking your bath. " She shouted as she walked away.

' why must I always bath every morning and evening. ' I grumbled within myself as I want to my room. ' she's been away for a long while and what I get when she finally returned is scolding. ' I grumbled the more inwardly.

After our one month trial relationship, we became official as things really went well that period. I could proudly say that having her in a life is the best decision I have taken so far. I know she would probably say same too. We do disagree over a lot of things but we don't let it affect our relationship.

I really loved her and I couldn't wait for us to get married. My only problem would be my parents. I had not told them about I and Kate yet. I was planning to do that when we visit Dublin for dad first hotel's fiftieth year anniversary which was happening in three weeks time.

I would have proposed to Kate and hopefully, if she accepts, we would go together. I honestly couldn't control myself around her anymore.

After I freshened up, I went to the kitchen. Kate was dishing out the food. " Go wait at the dinning. " She said when she noticed my presence. I went to the dining and after a while she brought the food and we both digged in.

" Yummy. Please stop arguing when I say that you're the best cook in the world. " She giggled. " Says the man that has not tasted all the cook's food in the world. "

" Hope you're not angry with me again " I said sipping my juice. " Nope. I'm not. It just pains me that I missed out on the proposal. " She said. " Nevertheless, I'm really happy for them. They deserve each other. I've called Janet already. She wasn't angry. In fact, she still seems dazed at the whole suprise. " I looked at her admiringly. She really looked cute. I just felt like dragging her close to me.

" What? " She asked when she caught me looking at me.

" You didn't give me any hugs or kisses today dear. " She laughed at what I said. " We can watch a movie after now? " It was more of a question than a statement. " That  fine by me as long as we get to cuddle and do other things. " I said and she blushed.

" Kate "

" Hmmm... "

" You know I love you "

" Yes. And I love you too. " She said placing her hands on mine. We literally say this all the time to each other.

" Just as a human being can't do without air, I also can't do without you.  "

" Awwnn... I also cannot do without you too. "

" Mary me ".......................

Immediately she removed her hands from mine and looked at me weirdly. An uncomfortable silence lingered between us for a while.

" Babe you're not saying anything. "

" Jesse "

" Yeah "

" If this is the way you're going to propose me, then start thinking of the type of rice that would be cooked on the day of your funeral. "

"My funeral? Am I dying? "

" Dying... I would be the one to kill you if that's the way you're planning to propose. Didn't you see the way Larry proposed to Janet? Do you except that after witnessing such romantic proposal, you would come to me and asked me normally to marry you and I would jump into your arms and say yes? Then when I tell Janet, Naski or even Bethy that you proposed to me and they asked me how it went, what would I say? You're such a mood spoiler. " She said annoyed. Immediately she stood up.

With her plate in her hands,she said angrily " you have a week. A week to make things right. Just... Just... Just wow me. Make me even more suprised than Janet. " She said and walked to the direction of her room.

' was that a yes ' I asked myself. ' of course it was. But she wanted it appropriately. ' I felt really stupid. Being with Kate for more than a year now should have thought me that she liked things done in an extraordinary manner. She gave me a week and it was more than enough to plan something even better than what Larry did.