EPILOGUE

The day of Hotel's fiftieth anniversary had already come. I was inside my room putting finishing touches on my makeup. Jesse was waiting for me downstairs as both of us would be going to the event together.

I heard a knock on the door. ' will Jesse ever be patient ' I smiled to myself. " Come in" I shouted thinking it was him. The door opened while I continued with my makeup.

" Hi "

That voice. I turned round. It was Daniel. " What are you doing here. Who allowed you in? " I asked. " You said I could come in. " I looked at him for a while. " What do you want? "

" Can I seat? "

" No you can't. Just say what you want and get out? " I shouted feeling angry already. He walked towards me and sat down besides me.

" Didn't I say... "

" I'm sorry. " He said cutting me at the middle of my question. " I'm sorry ok. Everything I did to you was wrong. Leaving you alone for a long time and breaking your heart. You have every right to my brother and I know that he would treat you well.

To say that I was shocked at what he said was and understatement considering the way he acted on the day Jesse introduced me to as his fiancee. He looked really remorseful and perhaps he was paying for his sins considering the constant fight between him and Samira. I just hope it won't affect his children in future.

" Don't worry. I hold no grudge against you. Maybe what happened was meant to happen. " I said to him.

" So does that mean that I am forgiven? "

" Honestly, one does not forget his or her life partner easily. And I would be lying if I say that I everything is behind me completely. It may take some time for me to forget but I certainly hold no grudge against you. " He looked dejected but he quickly replaced it with a fake smile on his face.

" Ok. I deserve your hatred anyway. " As he was about to go, I stopped him.

" Erm wait... " He looked at me confused then sat down again.

" About your constant fights with your wife. Please find a way to stop it. No normal couple would fight before going to bed and when they wake up. It can really affect your children. If y... "

" And you think that I haven't tried putting an end to it? Trust me Kate, I have tried times without number. Everything I do seems to irritate her. That woman is very impossible. We did have our differences in America but we always settle the matter amicably.

After you came here and I had divorced you, some months later, she started instigating me against mum and dad. You know how controlling dad could be and how he behaves when his rules are not followed? "

" Yes. I do. "

" Samira does not listen to anyone and she does the opposite of what she is told to do. As a result of this, she is always at loggerheads with mum and dad. "

" Doesn't she listen to you "

" Not at all. Especially when I am against her fighting with mum and dad. She does what pleases her not minding the consequences of her actions. "

I felt sorry for him. He looked really stressed out. " I hope you would be able to find a way to of your problem " I said comforting him. " Thank you " he muttered and stood up.

" I will be going now. "

" Ok. Bye. " He left. I looked at the door for a while and continued with my makeup. When I was through, I went to meet Jesse and together we both went to the event.

A lot Mr Larson's friends came. Jesse left me after a while as Mr Larson called him. Time had passed and Jesse was yet to come. I looked around, everyone was talking, laughing, eating and drinking happily. I was also happy but felt kind of lonely.

Someone tapped me and I turned round to see Helen. She had accompanied us. " Someone looks moody " She teased me as she sat besides me. I just smiled at her not denying it.

" Anyway, Jesse said I should tell you to meet him at the terrace. " " Jesse is at the terrace? " " I think he just went there. " " What's happening there? " " I don't know. Don't you want to meet him. " She asked. " Of course I do. " She smiled at me as I left.

I went to the terrace and saw Jesse staring at something on his hands. I sneaked up to him and hugged him from behind. He shrieked at first but relaxed when he noticed that it was me.

I stood in front of him and smiled. He smiled back and rubbed my cheeks.

" Kate. "

" Hmm. "

" You know I love you right? "

" Yes. I do. "

" I want to to know that no matter what, I will never make the same mistake that my brother made. I will always be there when you need me. There to protect you, there to make you laugh. I will be with you even in our most difficult times. "

" Why are you telling me this? " I asked in a shaking voice. All of a sudden, he went down on a knee. Revealing the beautiful diamond ring, he smiled. " My dear Kate willl you marry me? "

I looked at him stunned. I totally wasn't expecting this. I raised him up and smiled. " Yes. Yes I will marry you. " He happily slid the ring into my finger and pulled me into a kiss. When he released me, he pressed my forehead to his and said.

" I Know that you wanted something grand, something better than... "

" Shut up " I said cutting him short. " This is more than enough. And I wasn't expecting this at all with everything that's happening. " Thank you" I said hugging him.

Six years ago, I had imagined a happy married life with Daniel. I had imagined us having four children. I had imagined us growing old together but things turned out differently.

Just as Jesse said, maybe I wasn't destined to be with Jesse, that was why things turned out the way it did. And hopefully we would leave long together without any obstacle. Both of us have had our own share of pain but as it is said, sorrow do not last for long.

" I was thinking before we go back to Singapore, we would visit your parents. " Jesse said bringing me out from my thoughts. I smiled at him " that's a good idea. After all, I had not seen them for a while.

He took my hand into his and led me back inside. There would be times of trouble and trials. People would surely condemn our relationship but in all these, we will face it together.

THE END

_______________________

' She found solace with him ' has come to an end. This is my first story and I hope that you all enjoyed it even though it is not long and the chapters are not many. It's actually a short but interesting story.

Thank you all for reading. ❤️❤️❤️