CHAPTER TEN

( KATE'S POV)

" Babe, you really need to give another guy a chance in your life. " Came Naski's voice through the phone. " You might not understand but I can't afford to get hurt again. Plus... I'm still healing from the previous pain. "

" Still healing? Can you listen to yourself right now? Aren't you the one that said ' life in Singapore is so sweet '? If it is so sweet, aren't you supposed to have been healed? "

" Yeah I know but... "

" But what? " She asked cutting me short.

" But what Kate? Who decides to never fall in love again ? Daniel divorced you, isn't it? Prove to him that it was his loss and not yours. Prove to him that you have moved on. "

" By giving my heart to another man? I know better than to do that Naski. "

" I'm not saying that... "

" Naski please enough. It's enough. I just got out from a relationship. I don't think I am ready to enter into another. Not now. Not ever. "

" So, you don't also want to have a child. Right? You don't want anyone to call me aunty. Babe please think this through. "

" Giving my heart to another man is going to be the biggest deal yet for me. "

" Even if it was Jesse ? "

" Jesse ? "

" Yeah, him. The one responsible for the happy you. The one who has made you forget about Daniel or so you said. The one... "

" Jesse sees me as a younger sister and I see him as a friend. Our relationship is platonic. And what makes you think that if I wanted to be in a relationship again, it would be him I would want, MY EX BROTHER IN-LAW. "

" Okay then. Perhaps I should stop persuading you and let the future speak for itself since you're not ready to listen to me. "

" Naski I ... "

" Kate please I will call you back, mum is already back. "

" Okay then. La... " And the line went off.

" Argh... " She cut the call on me. I wondered if her mum was truly back or she lied because she was angry that I didn't listen to her. Whatever. I did not care. Why would she even think that it was possible for something to go on between me and Jesse ?

' I blush crazily when he smiles at me. Yeah, I feel something moving in my stomach just at any slight touch of our skin. Maybe a also feel a little, teeny weeny tiny jealous when he smiles at other women or touches them which earns him a very big hard glare from me. No. I couldn't possibly have developed feelings for him. These are just signs of being overly protective of him. It is not like... "

" Grr... Grr... " Came the sound of the alarm snapping me out of my thoughts. I had totally forgotten. Jesse was taking me out for dinner this evening. Good thing I had set an alarm in case I fell asleep but I did not as I was speaking with Naski.

I went into my bathroom and after a while, I came out dripping water. I frantically searched for what to hear. ' if not for Naski and her long talks ' I grumbled inwardly. I checked the time. ' jeezzz. Five minutes remaining. '

every dress I saw seemed too causal or formal for me to wear and I had not yet done my makeup. ' wait, why am I so worried? It's just dinner not a date. ' I said to myself. I finally chose to wear my lucky rosy gown.

" Kate. " I heard my name and the butterflies came rushing back in.

" Coming " I shouted back. ' O MY GOD. He is already here. I haven't even decided which shoe to wear. '