CHAPTER NINE

KATE'S POV

Three weeks have passed since I came to Singapore. It has all been weeks of bliss for me. Not once did I feel depressed. There were sometimes my mind wondered to Daniel but I did not feel hurt or broken with Jesse by my side. He was my guardian angel.

As Jesse promised, he showed me around but not everywhere as he always busy with work. The places we visited were like paradise or earth. The first place he took me was the Marina Bay sands. It was a mall or rather an art science museum with a canal running through it. It view was really beautiful but inside the museum was ten times the beauty of it view. He  took me to the first restaurant in Singapore where we had a wonderful time together and also took me to other places.

A week later, I was given the job after my interview. My boss was really nice to me maybe it was because he was friends with Jesse or maybe he has a friendly nature. My fellow workers were also really nice to me. I have never felt so free and happy in a while. 

" Surprise " came Jesse's voice startling me AGAIN. " Not you again. " I said pouting. " You look cute when you do that. " He said with his signature smirk. ' his he trying to make me blush ? because it is working. '

" So who were you thinking of? " He asked as he jumped on my desk. Seriously this man. " I hope you are not here to see me? " I asked as I continued with my work. " No no no. Not at all. " " Good ". I said. Even I could hear the disappointment in my own voice. ' Must he say it  sarcastically '.

" I'm actually here to see a ver....y beautiful lad... " " Please get up. You're disturbing me. " I said not allowing him to finish what he was saying. ' was I jealous? No. I was just irritated. ' I said convincing myself.

" Can you just let me finish. Well, if you must know. Her name is Kate. She is really pretty and very funny. She is the best cook I have ever known and... she works in this office. "

I looked at him.

" But that's me. "

" Of course it's you. "

" But you said you were not here to see me. "

" Did I? "

" Yes you di... You know what ? Just forget about it. " I said returning to what I was doing.

" You seemed jealous when I said that I was here to see a lady. " I could feel my face turning red when he said that. " Get out ". " I'm going, only to ask for permission from your boss to take you out for lunch. Get ready. I will be soon be back. " He said and left. When I was sure he was gone, I sighed loudly.

This has been his routine. He comes twice a week to take me out for lunch during my lunch break since he office wasn't far from mine. ' could he be any sweeter. '

He was so carefree that no one would actually believe that he was the owner of such popular hotel. Maybe he would have not been able to cope without his partner, as Larry was more of a serious person.

I closed my laptop, arranged my documents and went out to meet him. Since there was an eatery close by, we always walk to the place. As we were about getting there, he suddenly took my arm into his and whispered.

" Why did you wear this today? " He asked me. I was surprised at his question. " I asked for your opinion about this dress earlier and you said it was ok.

" Well I did not see the dress well. If I did, I would never had agreed with you wearing this. You're exposing too much of your smooth skin to the public. ' why was Jesse talking like a jealous boyfriend. Wait, his he jealous? ' I asked myself amusingly.

" Are you jealous? " I asked him. " No. No. No. I am just being concerned. " A part me felt disappointed that he denied it. As we entered the restaurant, we were led to an empty table. Jesse pulled out a chair for me to sit before he took a sit. ' Always acting like a gentleman. '

" What would you like sir. " Came the waiter's voice. " I will have anything she orders. " Jesse said directing him to look at me. The waiter smiled. " Mam you heard your husband. So what will you like to have? " He said pointing at the menu.

This always happens when we are together. I mean being referred to as Jesse's wife and strangely, a part of me always liked to sound of that. I looked at Jesse, he was grinning widely. Of course he liked that I was being referred as his wife even if it did not mean anything to him though.

JESSE'S POV

I looked at Kate's face. This was one interesting thing I loved about her, her blushing attitude. The waiter just referred to me as her husband and she suddenly turns red. I did not just like what the waiter said. I loved what he said, I was in love with Kate . Yeah my sister in-law.

She avoided my face after she told the waiter what she wanted. We stayed silent, awkwardly silent until the waiter came with our order. Without wasting time,she began stuffing the food into her mouth as if trying to avoid a conversation with me. I grinned silently.

" So, how is the project going? " I said breaking the silence between us. " Very hectic but fine. Soon we will be true and given a day leave for rest apart from the manager of course. "

We continued with our conversation while eating.