CHAPTER THIRTEEN

( JESSE'S POV )

Life has been really awesome is I came here as Kate was ' always ' by my side. Having her beside me every time was something I couldn't be more grateful for. She even took two weeks leave from work just to have enough time for me.

I couldn't tell if she was acting out of guilt or perhaps she was really concerned. But I felt that her actions were more than that. I was already better, well enough to resume work, but I did not want to admit it so that I wouldn't get discharged just yet. Saying I was well might make some special things to stop happening.

It was another Monday morning and I was waiting for her impatiently even though she left the hospital really late the previous day. I looked at the time 8:45 am, still she hadn't come. I was contemplating on calling her when the door creaked.

The door open and my face was full of smiles. But instead of my angel, a nurse walked in blushing and blinking her lashes. Immediately frustration and anger took over me.

" What are you doing here? " I couldn't stop myself from asking. My outburst made her frightened but she quickly composed herself.

" The doctor... "

" The doctor what ? "

" The doctor said that I should inform you that you will be due for discharge tommorow. "

" Thank you. Leave. "

" Erm... Sir... I... "

" I said leave. Get out. "

I shouted. She quickly left my ward. " Jeezzz " I muttered. ' what is it with all these nurses given people false hope? ' The door opened again.

" Didn't I say that you should leave. "

" So I should leave? "

" No No No. ". It was angel. Arrgh ! That nurse made me snap at her. She should count myself lucky that I am not a violent man. I quickly stood up and rushed to help my angel with the food.

" So why did you say that I should leave? " She snapping at me after I put the food down. " Good morning to you too. I'm fine. Thanks for asking. " I said sarcastically. ' she didn't even asked how I was doing '

" Well it would have been a good morning if you didn't .... "

" Shhhh... You're talking too much. The food might get cold. " " Seriously Jesse? " " Yeah. " I smiled making her sigh. There were dark spots on her eyes. She had hardly gotten any sleep because of me. A part of me, the caring part felt guilty. Only if she knew I was already fit. While the possessive part didn't care. As long as she was by my side ALWAYS.

" Why did you come late? " I found myself asking her. " Sorry. I had things to do. " " Things that are more important than me? " " I'm sorry. Please let's eat. It's already past your breakfast time. " She said and dished the food into two parts.

I watched her eat her food tiredly but what could I do, the possessive part of me already took control of my entire body.

" The doctor said that you will be discharged tommorow " My heart went racing, hearing that.

" He did. Didn't he? " I asked feeling dejected.

" Yeah. " So that is it. The end of all these love and care. Soon she would start avoiding me.

" That stupid doctor " I muttered. I put on a sad smile. " Is anything wrong? " She asked.

" If getting into an accident will make you give me all your care and attention, then I should be getting into accidents often right? "

" Don't you dare joke about something that sensitive. " She said angrily. There was silence between us for a while before she decided to speak.

" Erm Jesse... Why do you love me? " Her question took me by surprise. Seeing my hesitation, she spoke. " Don't worry. We will talk after you're discharged.

" Actually, maybe we need to talk now. Why do I love you? Do I need to a reason? I don't think I do. Do you no why? Because you're the one for me. No offense but maybe that's the reason your relationship did not last between you and my brother.

" But Jesse don't you think that this is absurd. I mean falling for your ex brother's wife. Your parents will not... "

" I don't care what my parents thinks or what the society think. "

" Jesse they will think you're being insensitive and foolish. "

" Then if loving you is foolishness, consider me the happiest fool there ever was. " She looked at my eyes and smiled.

" You're good with your words " she said " just like your brother " she added. ' does this means that she thinks I might leave her? ' I placed a kiss on her forehead. Please leave my brother out of this. Tell me. What do you feel? "

When I asked her this, she started battling with her emotions. " I don't know " she said as I tear rolled down her cheeks. " I am so blinded with pain and hurt and I don't know what to feel again. " I pulled her into my embrace. We stayed like that for a while. I released her and spoke.

" How about this, let's date for a while like about a month. If you discover that you feel same for me, we will officially become a couple but if you don't, we will go back to being platonic. "

She looked at me contemplating on whether to accept my offer. " You're tricking me " she said immediately. " Why will I do that? " I said defensively even when I knew she was right.

" It is just going to be for a month, please ".

...

...

...

" Fine. "

" Thank you so much " I said happily and drew her into my embrace. We remained like that until we both heard a crashing sound which immediately led her to disengage from me quickly.

It was that annoying nurse. Only if I could strangle her.

" Sooorrrry " she stammered. I brought your medicines but you seem busy. I will come back later. She said picking up the tray and medicines before leaving the ward.

I looked at Kate. She was a blushing profusely. ' we only hugged. What if we had gone further. '