CHAPTER SIX

KATE'S POV

I went to the sitting room to speak to Daniel. Reaching there, I was welcomed by the sight of Samira making out with Daniel on his lap. This tore my heart again. I thought that I could make things work but I was wrong.

After I had spoken to Jesse that day, I called for a family meeting on how we all could make things work but everyone including Daniel was against my idea. Even Mr and Mrs Larson suggested I and Daniel should get a divorce since I did not have a child of my own. Off course they would support Samira as she already has a child of her own.

I remembered when I and Daniel where about to consummate our marriage. He made it clear to me that he was not ready to have children and I agreed with him. If I had known that things would turn out this way, I would have insisted on having children or I would have stopped taking those pills.

Though they disagreed with me, I was bent on making things work. A month had passed since then and things got worse. When Daniel saw I was hell bent on staying, he got angry and gave Nanny Mary and Helen a compulsory leave. After a week, Jesse left. Since then, I became officially a slave. A maid would even be treated better than I was. I cooked for everyone morning, afternoon and evening as if Mrs Larson and Samira were not women. Even if the food was sweet, they would complain of too much spice. If I cut the meat small, they would complain that I cut the meat too small as if I want to serve a dog. When I cut the meat big, they would complain that I cut the meat too big which was why spice could not penetrate it.

I arranged the whole house frequently and did all sought of things cleaners do in order to be accepted only to be repaid with insults and abuse from both Samira and MY OWN DANIEL. Worst still, Mr and Mrs Larson supported Daniel's ill treatment towards me.

I already accepted the fact that Samira was was more beautiful than me, have a curvy body, have a well shaped face that was spotless and remained in shape even after giving birth to two children but that did not give Daniel the right to treat me how he treated me, like a wasn't his wife. To treat me with so much disgust and hatred.

There was a day that I was done with arranging the sitting room. Every where was dried and neat. As I was arranging the front porch, I heard a loud scream, only for me to rushed into the sitting room to see Samira on the floor.

when I tried helping her, she screamed louder. Hearing her scream, Daniel and Mrs Larson rushed down. Seeing the state she was in, they quickly helped her up. After she calmed down, she told them that I pushed her on the floor with her belly flat on the ground.

Not waiting to hear my side of the story, Mrs Larson gave me a hot slap accusing me of planning to kill her grandchild. As for Daniel, he beat me up in front of Samira and his mother. Not only that, he locked me up of two days without food or water. Things was really bad that period.

After that incident, I realized that the Daniel I knew, had changed. He no longer loved me. He had moved on with a more beautiful and classier chick. So there was no need of trying to protect the sick marriage. God knows I had done my best. Back to the present. That is the reason I came to see Daniel, for the divorce.

I cleared my throat in order to alert them of my presence but they pretended not to notice me.  

" I will sign the divorce papers. " I said to their hearing. Immediately their attention came to me. " Finally, the peacock has decided to take a bow " Samira said grinning. I rolled my eyes and looked at Daniel.

" When will the divorce papers be ready " I asked him. " They're already ready. He replied. ' am I that disgusting ?  He even has the divorce papers' I said to myself. He stood up from where he was and went upstairs. Shortly, he came down with the papers. As I looked at the papers, I saw that he had signed his part. He was so eager to get rid of me. I took the pen and signed it without hesitation.

" We will have to go to the court for the final process. " He said. I nodded. While going upstairs, I could hear them laughing. For them it was good riddance to bad rubbish. I sighed. ' what goes around comes around. '

When I got to my room, I shut the door behind me and laid on the bed. I picked up my phone contemplating on whether to call Jesse or not. True to be told, I have really missed him. But again, he never called me. Was he still angry that I did not follow him? He had warned me and tried convincing me but I did not listen. How stupid of me to think that I could make things work. Finally, I dialed his number and he answered after two rings.

" Hello... Hello Kate are you there? "

That voice... Hearing that sweet voice again. That voice that consoled me, that voice that tried con... Then it happened. I  broke down into tears. Wailing loud enough for him to here. After a while I stopped crying.

" Do you still want to come to Singapore? "

'  how did he know '

" Yes " I replied. " When?" He asked. " I want to go see my parents first before going there. They have been threatening to come here and take me away. I've really made them worried. Maybe in a week time, I will go there. But I am leaving this place tommorow "

" Okay. I will start making arrangements for you to come here. Please get some rest. " He said concerned.

" Ok. Thank you. I am sorry I didn't lis... "

" Just get some rest please. You can tell me all about it later. " " What of the job proposal? " I asked hesitantly. I really needed it as I was not sure about my job here. It has been a while since I had been to work. I'm sure my position as been giving to someone else as my boss was a no nonsense man. Plus I did not take any excuse from my work. "

" Don't worry about it. I will speak to him. Just get some rest please. " He said putting my fears in check.

" Okay. I will. " I said and cut the call. I quickly got up from the bed to pack up. I made sure I put all my stuff in my luggage, trying hard not to forget anything.

Around 8am the following morning, I left the room with my luggages. Coming out from it, I looked at it I last time. I remembered nanny Mary and Helen. I will really miss them. I made up my mind to call them when I get to my destination.

Coming down stairs with my luggages, I saw Mr and Mrs Larson downstairs. Well what concerns me with them? After all, I am about cutting ties with them. I ignored them as I waited for Daniel. " Are you going somewhere dear ? " Mr Larson asked trying to ask concerned as if she is not happy seeing my luggages with me.

" It is none of your business Ma. Just call your son down here. " I said rudely. " What is the        ' ma ' for? " She asked trying to ignore my rude statement. " Well, you won't be my mother inlaw in a few hours. So there will be no need to address you the way you expect me to address you. " I said rudely again. A part of me felt bad speaking to her in such a manner but I could not help it. My whole body was burning with rage just seeing them.

" Kate dear is something wrong? " Mr Larson asked standing up. I was about replying him when Daniel came down. He was lucky Daniel had come. Looking at me all set with my luggages, he was shocked. ' why is he shocked ? Is this not what he wants ' I asked myself. After starring at me for some time, he cleared his throat and told his parents everything.

I did not want to hear what ever rubbish they wanted to say, so I just left the house and Waited for Daniel outside. He came out and drove us to the court. We got there and finalized the marriage. Immediately, I boarded a taxi and left not giving Daniel a chance to say anything to me. I texted Jesse telling on how everything went and left for                  , where my parents stayed.