Chapter 20

Luna's pov:

I needed to try to keep my calm at the dining table

I needed to try to keep my calm at the dining table. I mean What.The.Hell. My father wants to torture my soon-to-be-boyfriend.

As if I would let that happen. I am so pissed right now I never knew i could feel this way. In fact, in the last few weeks I felt so many emotions, I didn't even knew a human being can have such a tornado of emotions. Like in the last 24 hours I felt like i would die, felt super sad, was relieved, though my heart would burst open and now i'm pissed. woah.

So without really thinking this trough I tell Liam to wait in my room so we can talk about the whole relationship thingy. I'm actually really excited and would've been super happy if it wasn't for this whole ‚I'll torture you later so we'll be even' thing my dad has planned. I'm not having my boyfriend being tortured by my father. As if I could just stand by and say ‚sure it's alright, why don't you kill him?'

So I storm into my fathers office without knocking and walk in on him having a heavy argument with Nathaneal. The moment their eyes land on me their facial expression changes. I don't really know what I see maybe.. anger and sadness mixed? Why?

„What can I help you with?" Dad asks with an annoyed tone in his voice. He never talked to me like that and I didn't expect him to do so. Not after we were just saved a few hours earlier.

„You can't torture Liam." I state confidently.
"He said it's alright, cause we somehow need to get even, don't you think so?" If he wasn't annoyed a moment before he was definitely now.

"There must be another way. You don't really think that I'll ever forgive you for hurting the person I love." I can't back up now, not if Liam will get hurt if I do.

"I must ask, why do my girls always think i would change my mind if they start to threaten me? I am the capo of the Italian mafia and no one dares to threaten me. I will not let you play with my feelings as a father just because something doesn't go your way." He yelled the last sentence.

Well and because I get scared way to easily I start crying.
"How the hell do you expect me to idly stand by while a person I love wants to hurt another person I love?"

"Look honey, if you have another idea as to how he can pay the price for killing our people then spit it out."

Wow. I just escaped death and he talked to
me like that.

"You should just go and don't worry about things like this because the death god will be able to take a little bit torture as he wouldn't be the death god if he couldn't." Nathanel steps between us and looks at me with worry in his eyes.
If he would be really worried he would try to help me and not kick me out.

"You know,  he could become an exclusive spy for the Vastellos. He's really good at finding information as i got from your talk. He could be really useful and all. You need a spy, right? And because he is the death god and the death god is an enemy to our family, no one would think about him being secretly on our side."