6⚡Sri opens her eyes

I dreamt of an angel who,
Came out to be the devil.

I dreamt of an angel who,         Came out to be the devil

Taehyung looked around the room. The false ceiling was gorgeous. There were some bonsais and small flowering plants on the window sill. The dressing table was a simple one but modern. The attached bathroom was on the southern wall of the room.

Taehyung heard a soft knock on the door. He opened it and saw a suitcase and some comfy sweatpants and hoodies kept on the floor. He picked them up and closed the door.

He opened the suitcase and saw all the medical instruments a doctor should have. On closely checking they were his personal instruments. Jungkook probably got them from the hospital.

Taehyung flexed his neck in tiredness. He required a bath. He took the clothes and went into the bathroom. It was as gorgeous as expected. One corner was the toilet separated by a translucent door to provide privacy. On the other side were a huge bathtub and a shower just beside it. There was also a basin and mirror. The counters above it contained the bathing items.

He stood under the shower. The lukewarm water helped him to release his stress. It cooled his head. "Only some months, then I can go back to my life." He boosted himself.

After the shower, he checked on Sri's condition. The sudden rush had decreased her blood pressure. She was also dehydrated. But those weren't anything dangerous, it would eventually get normal in some days. He used his stethoscope and checked her breathing. It was in better condition than before.

When he was done, he called one of their men and instructed them about which medicines he needed. The same man also brought him food. He would be lying if he said it was not tasty. Tae enjoyed the pasta with white sauce. The Gang was indeed treating him well. But he was still sacred of his freedom.

Taehyung lay on the couch below the window. It was wide enough for a man to sleep comfortably. He was also given a pillow and blanket. The room was dark, Tae was almost half asleep when a sudden hustling woke him up. He switched on the bed lamp and saw Sri was shivering. The blankets did no good. He placed his palm on her forehead. She was not having a fever. It was probably due to the side effects of the medicine.

He felt sorry for her. He wanted to help her but it was a necessary evil. Only if he could provide her with some warmth. Just then a thought crossed his mind which he immediately regretted. He can't do that! Never.

He pulled the blanket to cover her entire body and went back to his couch. The girl went on shivering. Tae check on her every minute. But his hands were tied. He debated with his mind for some minutes before standing up.

"It is just the duty of a doctor. I am trying to relieve my patient from pain." He reminded himself and approached.

He hesitantly got under blankets and wrapped his arms around her shimmering body. He kept on sharing his body heat with Sri. "I am sorry but I have no choice but to do this." He mumbled in her ears.

After some time, Sri stopped her movements. Taehyung's plan worked. But the doctor was already in a deep slumber by then.

........

A sweet chirping disturbed Tae's sleep. The sparrow was playing on the small bonsai. He felt something soft and warm in his arms which was not his side-pillow. He opened one of his eyes and almost screamed aloud at the closeness of Sri's face. When did he fall asleep?? What if Jungkook had seen him? He might take this differently. He imagined his own built body with several bullet holes in it. He quickly let go of Sri and ran into the washroom.

Taehyung was served breakfast. It was almost 11 at noon. Having nothing to do, he decided to explore Sri's bookshelf. It was a mini library. The majority of them were in the Crime and Thriller genre. One of it caught Tae's eyes. He took it out and ran his fingers through its dark-themed cover. "Killer Dolls"

He sat on the soft couch and opened its first page.

...................

Sri stirred on her bed. She was slowly getting conscious of her surroundings. The room was not too bright. It was the usual soft mattress she was used to. She opened her eyes and gulped her dry throat. She turned towards her right and discovered an unknown figure. Her body got alerted. She quietly grabbed the revolver from under the mattress.

The man seemed to have unnoticed her actions and was engrossed in reading a book. Sri ran her fingers through the bandages across her injured chest. She mentally thanked God for letting her live. She was determined to take care of this trespasser.

"Who are you? What are you doing in my room?" She sprang to her feet and aimed her gun at him. Sri felt pain in her chest and her legs were jelly yet she ignored everything and kept grounded to her position.

Taehyung got startled at Sri's voice. He was so much engrossed in the book that he didn't realize when she woke up. His eyes sparkled in happiness when he saw her on her feet. He was able to save her. It didn't matter to him that she was aiming her gun at him and might shoot any moment. He was lost in his own world of ecstasy.

"I said. Who are you! How dare you get into my room?!" Taehyung didn't reply her words instead made to her in quick steps. Sri got confused at his daringness. At the same time, she felt her vision blur. Tae knew her body was still weak. He caught her before she hit the ground.

Let me warn you, Sri will not be the usual cool and kind Mafia who hates killing but does eventually

I am portraying her as a villian here. Things she does in future may not be good.

6 votes to unlock next⭐ chapter.