12⚡ Fooling the Police

Alpha females don't run in packs.....

The car was again silent. Only the horns of traffics were heard. Taehyung saw a police check post on the road. Cars were being thoroughly checked.

"Are you sure there are no weapons in this car?" The curious doctor asked.

Sri understood Taehyung can't keep his mouth shut for long. "There are."

"Jinja?! (Really)" he suddenly sat straight in an alert.

"Just wait and watch." Sri evilly grinned.

Tae was nervous as the car got near the check post. It was finally their turn. The two got down from the car and the police checked the vehicle. Unfortunately, there were no female police and Sri could not be checked. They only checked Taehyung and the driver. Having found nothing, they let them go.

For a moment the brunette thought to ask the police for help. But the next moment he remembered Sri's threat about his family. He felt like he was standing infront of the door of freedom but he couldn't cross it due to some unseen force.

Taehyung was first to enter the car. A particular cop caught S's attention. He was staring back at her with equal amusement. She noticed the badge in his chest, 'Officer Jung Hoseok'. The corner of her lips slightly twitched before she went inside the car.

Hoseok was at a disadvantage. He didn't know how S looked or how her men looked. No one in the police department had seen S. Arin and Jimin were the ones to convey the orders of Titans. The only thing officer Jung had confirmed was that S was a woman. The higher-ups were not cooperating with him. They didn't let any female officer help him. He hoped to catch atleast some vehicles of Titans. He thus ordered his small group of male police to create a check post at the bridge. Probably some drug trucks or weapon trucks. Even the slightest clue was useful for him. He believed in the phrase, 'Drops of water make an ocean.'

Jung Hoseok knew the game he was playing was difficult to win but it was not impossible. He went inside the room to get a cup of coffee. His eyes caught a woman on his way out. She was wearing an elegant blue dress. He assumed her to be some rich businessman's wife.

Her eyes seemed to drill holes in his skull. But he had no reason to suspect her. She allowed her car to be checked like any other traveler. Hoseok was so focused on Sri that he didn't notice Taehyung whose face was visible through the glass window.

And just like that, the Queen of Titans and her kidnapped doctor escaped under Jung Hoseok's nose. But her face did put a mark on Hoseok's brain. He seemed not to forget those sharp eyes any soon.

He felt his pocket vibrate. A bright smile crept on his lips as the name of his girlfriend was on the screen of his phone.

"Yeobosseo? (Hello)"

"Yah! Hoba! This is the third time I am calling you! Aur Kitna wait karaoge?! (How long shall I wait?)" Arshu spoke from the other side.