𝐎𝐍𝐄

PRYCE WATKINS' POV

FLASHBACK: 2 YEARS AGO

I ran as fast as I could into the hospital as I frantically looked around for Lucas. I swear if anything happened to him―I told him not to go with those guys.

I walked up to the receptionist as I tried to get her attention but she was too busy talking on the phone. I sighed frustratedly as I looked around trying to figure out where to possibly go. The hospital was entirely in chaos. It's like everyone and their mama were here trying to get help.

Seeing as though I wasn't gonna get this lady's attention, I ran down the hallways trying to find him. All these people are in my way and I was just getting more and more nervous. I ran around a corner before I doubled back as I saw familiar tatted arms and slender stature.

I walked briskly towards him before I took notice of all the people in the small area with him. That's when I began to notice that these are the niggas he roll with. The people who've made my baby into this person who's a lot more violent and cold.

I especially looked towards this one man who was older than everybody in this room. He controlled every single one of these boys, ages ranging between 14 to late twenties. People called him Murda' and for good reason. You didn't want to get on his bad side.

I wasn't scared of him though, ain't nothing but a big ass bully.

My eyes drifted from him and back to Lucas. He was standing by a large window as he kept clenching his fists. I stepped up behind him as I just stared at his back.

"I caught a body today," he said lowly as my eyes slightly widened.

"You said you wouldn't―"

"I know what I said. But shawty, things don't work out how they supposed to. Motherfuckas was plotting on my head, tried to get to you too but you know I wouldn't let that happen," he turned his head a bit so he could see me as I couldn't lift my head up to look at him fully.

Lucas promised me. Promised that he wouldn't put a gun to nobody's head, wouldn't hurt nobody because I just knew it would change him. I could feel it as soon as I stepped close to him. He ain't that goofy, bright teenager that I knew him as. He's a man with devious things on his mind.

"Look at me shawty," he said a little roughly as I blinked a few times to get myself outta my head. I eventually lifted my head up so we could lock eyes. It's like all life drained from them.

"Who?", I asked as I wiped away a single tear from his cheek. He shook his head with a smirk before holding my hand in his. He looked behind me and nodded at the man who I wanted him far away from. I ain't have to look to know.

"All I can tell you is that my parents got caught in the crossfire. And now a nigga out for blood. Just need to know if you gon be my rida'. Tell me you down for me."

"I've been down for you since we were kids but I don't like this. It's changing you and I don't want you to be someone else Lucas. I don't want to worry about whether its gonna be me in this position in the future. You promised me that," I said a bit angry with him as I tried to hold it together.

He just lost his parents so I should be easy with him. But it's so hard to even now because I know he's getting on the wrong track now.