𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

PRYCE WATKINS' POV

"Be careful baby. We don't need your bandages tearing," my mom said as she lowered me on my couch. And this time, I actually mean my own couch.

It's now been a week since I've been out of the hospital and a month into recovering from my stab wound. The knife went a little deep and so I went into surgery where I was sutured and stitched up before I was chugging down apple juice and ice for what felt like a long while. They kept me there longer than needed mainly because of Lucas.

They kept a look out for infections as I'm sure is mandatory but its likely Lucas threatened the nurses and doctors to keep me for longer. I could say he was more scared than me.

And while I was in there, my parents got me a new apartment but stayed with my grandparents. They couldn't step foot in their house anymore as it was no longer theirs. It was a site of violence and the product of a feud.

A feud which I will soon address when I can look any man besides my dad in the eyes again.

"I'm fine Ma, just go on home. I'm sure Grandma is worrying about where you are now," I laid back on the couch as my hands ghosted over my bandage. Her ass really need to rest because she's been working nonstop to be there for me and carry on her work load.

"I need to worry about my baby, I'm so proud of you for stepping out of that hospital on your own two feet. You was acting like you wasn't gon' make it," she scoffed as she kissed my forehead.

"Whatchu' talking 'bout Ma? I was a whole G about mine―I held my own with allat' pain I went through," I turned on the TV as I heard a burst of laughter coming from the kitchen, scaring me as I looked back to see her standing in the doorway with two coolers.

"Excuse Mama language but you were crying like a whole bitch. I was so glad when they got you on that IV, had you all high and shit. I ain't heard you cry like that since that day I left you in the store and came back," she said as I narrowed my eyes at her.

"You left me on purpose or did we forget that."

"You came back home didn't you so why we still on that?", she sat on the couch next to me as she handed me a cooler making me laugh out. Now I just got out of the hospital not too long ago and she already trying to send me back. I took it though cause Lord knows I need it.

I took a few sips as I just laid my head on her shoulder, listening to her talk about the Lifetime movie that was on. And then the doorbell rang interrupting what little peace I did have.

"I'll get that for you, you need to start planning out how we're gonna decorate in here. I got my notebooks in the car and we're gonna fix this place up 'round here," she said excitedly as she opened the door. I sat up and turned a bit to see who it is as we both stopped at who was at the door.

"Greg, how did you know where I lived?", I stood up carefully as Mama walked back over to the couch to pick up her purse.

Greg walked in with his hands balled up, a little tense as he looked back and forth between my mom. I walked around the couch as Ma kissed my cheek before giving me a slight judging look before she looked more aggressively towards Greg. I chuckled as she patted my shoulder before walking around him.

"Just to let you know," we both looked back at her as she was walking out the door, "Mama's packing," she patted her purse as she winked at Greg. I shook my head turning as she finally closed the door leaving us alone.

He faced me again as he took a step closer. I stepped back leading him to stop advancing. Uncomfortable wasn't even the word for how I felt right now. But this conversation needed to be had.