𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

PRYCE WATKINS' POV

Being in what feels like solitary for only three days was enough to make me get my shit together.

To fully devolve yourself and become closed out to everyone is draining. It's draining to constantly wonder what things would be like if you didn't meet a certain person or if that person was different in anywhere. I wondered if Lucas would ever change to be a better person. I've never realized how two-faced Lucas actually is.

I just want to know whether everything with him was a game. A game to show off to everyone, to piss off Rashad, or to have me as some sort of trophy to use whenever.

Or I am just really overthinking shit because I'm in love with an ain't shit ass nigga and I need reason to completely leave him alone―knowing damn well I won't? Pretty much answered my own question.

Mom said she's throwing my things out if I don't find some business to tend to. So I decided to get together with Tayla, especially since her twin is coming back into town after college was a bust for him. School is not for everyone and he―Khalil―decided that making and selling his own custom clothes is more his lane.

We were going to this bowling and arcade joint and then to this club just to have fun. I haven't done nothing like this in a while so I didn't exactly know how to get ready or how to act really. Lucas pretty much kept me on my toes with his mess so I wasn't really worried about going out.

Now I got all the time in the world to do what I want.

"You know that Davea bitch keeps calling my phone?", Tayla exclaimed before taking a whole bottle to the head.

Khalil, Tayla, and I were at the club now in a little section of our own just chilling. We caught up and discussed everything but my situation which I was glad for. I was worried about Tayla asking me every question in the book but she just told me to let her know when to post up. Always ready to fight but I love her for it. She's a true ride or die.

"Don't call her that, she's a sweet girl. You probably just led her on," I said as I took a few sips of my drink as I looked around. From what I remember, this place has gotten more hyped since the last time I've been here. A lot of new faces I ain't seen.

"And did because Tay over here was just chatting it up with her pussy the other night when I got here. Tell me why I walk in the room and she down below getting busy like no other. And then wonder why that girl been on her ass since then," Khalil said as he narrowed his eyes at his sister.

I sat back and looked around more as the twins began to argue over her situation. I wasn't going to say my peace because it'd just end in an argument. Although it may be wrong not to let my friend know how dangerous of a game she's playing, messing with someone's heart like that, it's also not my place.

Everyone knows how Tayla is and they don't shame her for it. She's gonna be who she is and no matter what I tell her, it's up to her to take that advice. I've also warned Davea so its not like she's unknown to the circumstance. Just gotta let things go the way they're supposed to.

"You good bro? It's been a long time since I've seen you, it's been like three and a half years?", Khalil said as I noticed Tayla was gone. "Oh she went to get steal some drinks off the bartender."

"It's been rough coming to terms with how my life is going on. Really thought shit was peaches and cream when I've been lied to. It's just a matter of learning to take care of myself from now on."

"That's all you need. That's really what everyone needs in this time. I was so hellbent on making a future for myself in college that I was running myself dry. Although it was not relationship problems running me down, it was enough to tell me to get the fuck," we laughed before it died down as he looked behind me, fidgeting slightly.