𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

PRYCE WATKINS' POV

¡WARNING: HOMOPHOBIA!

It's one of those days where I just feel like I can't function. Seeing Tayla lying there in that hospital bed is scary and something I don't want to come to terms with.

To make matters worse, she won't be there in the audience today to see me walk across the stage. She won't see a diploma, sashes, nor cords being deposited in my hand or around my neck. I meet a milestone of being a graduate with a new job in hand and the person who I basically consider as the sister I've always wanted isn't even going to be there.

And I have to deal with keeping a fake smile on my face despite how real I want it to be. I just can't be happy about today.

I straightened out my plaid shirt as wearing a suit wasn't an option. In pregnancies I've seen with family and friends, I don't think I've ever seen them this big at this time. Wearing only four months, I'm concerned with how big the baby is gonna be but then again I can't control it. I just hope it's not twins because that'd be too much on my plate right now.

I'm starting my new job as a teacher at one of the local high schools―Cevon's it turns out―and dealing with the work loads and figuring a good structure for my classes is heavy on my mind. I'm really young to be doing this so I hope that allows me a little leeway with the kids.

Everything's a mess right now and I wish shit would just settle. But when do I ever get any peace in my life? It's always some shit going on no matter what kind of energy I put out into the Earth.

"Baby, you ready?", Greg said as he popped in the room. I nodded as I straightened my gown out one last time before moving out the room before him. I got ready at my parent's new place as I walked out to a room full of some family.

I have a generally big family but I wasn't extremely close to them. It's like those types of friendships where you can not see each other for a long time yet still have hella love for them, willing to do anything for them.

I was glad they were here to support me on this day because I surely needed it.

I posed for the excessive photos and took group photos before we'd finally make our way to the venue. Just gotta keep my head up for everyone's sake.

"I'm so proud of you son. You make us proud with everything that you do," my dad as he patted my shoulder before getting back to his dinner.

I wanted a pretty chill night after all the excitement of today. My parents and I decided to go to dinner, just the three of us. I've been ambushed with surprises, gifts, and sudden jealousy about me graduating. But what else could you expect from hating us aunts and uncles who just praying for you to be struggling like them?

Lucas couldn't make it to the graduation as he wasn't feeling up to even stepping two feet out of Tayla's hospital room. He feels he failed her but I keep telling him that he couldn't have known something like this would happen. We all know Tayla loves him under all her persona. She trusted Lucas and she wouldn't blame him for this.

Lucas however stopped by to bring me a gift which I've yet to open. I decided to save it until I got home tonight.

"If I sold my ass every night, would you happen to be proud then?", I questioned them just to mess with them as they looked at me strangely.