𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

3 MONTHS LATER...

PRYCE WATKINS' POV

The past few months have been a blur.

I didn't question whatever Lucas has done to take care of that man nor how anyone doesn't speak of him. I let it be and it somehow brought me to a state of peace. On the topic of healing from the situation that went on for far too long, I let it go.

And that may not be healthy but I can't sit and ponder on it. I can't wonder why I didn't get myself out that situation sooner. I can't just be by my lonesome no matter how bad I wanted to. I just wanted everything to stop.

Not to mention the little one that is coming in just a few days. It's only a matter of time before my little one would come and I couldn't drag myself down for her sake. The closure would come with time just so long as I balanced myself.

It's not like Lucas would have let that pain weigh heavy on my conscious anyway. He gave me the world after everything persisted. I thought he'd do anything for me before but he's truly shown me a new side of him. It's so genuine and warm that I thought how could I ever deserve someone like this? Even with our doubts and troublesome past, it's no question that we were meant to be together in the first place.

Anything I asked, anything I wanted―he would make it happen without delay.

As far as I was concerned, I was the only one who mattered to him without reason. The only one for miles that could simply make him change his entire tune with just a simple yes or no. A simple slight change in mood or the brightest smile I could possibly give him in my time of depression.

No, he gives me all that I need. And all I need is him.

"Didn't I tell you to sit your narrow-behind down?", my dad said as I rolled my eyes getting a glass of water from the fridge. I filled it up as he stood at the stove fixing dinner. 

I was told to be on bed-rest until babygirl came and I just can't do that. I don't like people doing stuff for me that I could do myself. It's not like I can't stand or anything, I feel perfectly fine. The only thing that I can say is even remotely bothering me is the weight on my bladder but I've learned to just get used to the uncomfortable feeling.

"I can get a glass of water, you doing too much," I scoffed as I stood drinking it just as my mom and Lucas came into the kitchen with the rest of the groceries.

As much as I have been close to Lucas the past few months, we do not stay together. My parents welcomed me back into their home as expected and have watched over me like a hawk. Lucas in turn understood me wanting be up under my parents and has been stuck to my hip too.

He'd only go home to check up on Cevon and to get clothes to bring back here. I was fine with this just until the baby comes and we'd have to figure out another living situation.

After helping to put all the food up, Lucas stood behind me as he rubbed over my bump. The way it was so big was shocking. You'd think I'd be having twins but it's just I'm so small in comparison to the weight I'm carrying.

"You supposed to be in bed," Lucas whispered against my neck as he pressed his face against the area. I just hummed as I let him rock us side to side.

"When do I ever listen?"

"Never," Lucas snorted as I elbowed him. I pulled away from him as I led him into the living room so we could sit down. I pushed him down first and then sat on his lap as he went back to his soothing rubs.