𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

LUCAS COLY'S POV

I didn't think I'd been alive after taking a hit like that. You know how some people say life flashes before your eyes when you have a near-death experience? Well it's like every mistake I've ever made came up. From the second of lying about my involvement with bad people to my parents up to recently―walking out on Pryce.

And then from there it was darkness for a while. My body and mind felt like it was in space just drifting. I wasn't completely whole nor was I completely gone. Then it was dreaming from there on out. The randomness of it all scared me as it could range from my happiest moments to my nightmares.

When I woke up, I just hoped to go back in though. It felt better being stuck between nothingness and something than to deal with reality. Because reality was promptly kicking my ass every time I looked at what was mine with someone else.

No one was in the room although there was all types of stuff scattered everywhere. There were flowers with notes, cards, balloons and shit. Shit made me feel like I was missed although some people could't feign with my existence before. I sat up pulling off the mask over my mask as machines started beeping and shit.

I took out all these cords and shit as I began to get dizzy. And suddenly I was back in dreamworld for a little bit. It was until I heard soft voices that I really began to wake up.

My eyes adjusted to the scenery before me as I saw Pryce with longer twists put back in a little ponytail. I attempted to call out his name but my voice just came out in a rough, cracked mess as his attention shifted over to me. He walked over with a bright smile as he helped me to sit up before handing me a water bottle.

He helped me drink from it as I groaned at the pain in my stomach. I pulled away to look down at myself, patting my stomach to feel a bandage wrapped around myself.

"You feeling okay? Do I need to get the doctor back in here?", Pryce said as I looked up, seeing how he plastered a smile on his face although his eyes were worried. I couldn't help but to look him up and down wondering why he was here.

It's cool and all that he's here but we ain't involved no more. I didn't need him here to take care of me or nothing.

"How long I've been here? And why does my head hurt so much?", I sat up and moved away from his hand that reached out to touch my forehead. He visibly looked hurt but covered it up quickly as he explained how I've been out for two months. So I've been in a long ass coma where who knows what's been happening out there with me.

"Everything has been okay so it's not like you've missed out on anything. C'mere, you need to be drinking liquids right now," Pryce tried to lift the water bottle to my face but I just pushed his hand aside.

"Ion' need you taking care of me. I'm good Pryce so fall back some."

"I'm just tryna help―"

"Yeah, well I don't need the help," I said sternly as I heard a voice clear their throat on the other side of the room. I moved my eyes directly there as I saw Greg standing up from his position on the couch. And got the nerve to bring this nigga in the same room as me.

"You don't need to be getting all aggressive with him. He just tryna' make sure you're taken care of, he's been doing that for the past two months," Greg put his two cents in as I straightened up glaring at him.

"Ion' need you explaining shit to me potna'. Tend to your own business and stay outta shit that don't even concern your presence."

"My business is Pryce and as his man who helped keep your bummy ass safe, I say watch your fucking tone when you speaking to him," he attempted to walk up on me as Pryce stepped in front of him, pushing him towards the door.