𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

LUCAS COLY'S POV

¡WARNING: MENTION OF ABUSE!

Recovering has been a process that I don't ever wanna go through again. Rehab was bad because I ain't like no motherfucker helping me or telling me what to do. Seeing as though I've been trying to avoid Lucas though, it was a good distraction.

It's been days that Pryce has been trying to reach out to me and I ain't feeling that. I'd rather be left alone than to see his face or hear any of what he has to say. He was right. It is none of my business what he does with his life and I'm respecting that. Not saying I don't care about his little ass but I know where I stand.

He's not finna' get on my nerves about the same shit. I can't talk because I'm sure I bugged him out one too many times but I will. He wants both of us but he won't get that. And he won't get me if he's still continuing to mess with him.

I ignored the fifth call from Pryce this afternoon as I focused on this meeting I called.

I'm not taking that death threat from Rashad lightly. I'm well on my way to making my community―my home―a safe place for the youth around here. Parents shouldn't be seeing their kids die before their time is up, them leaving the earth before the elderly. And I for one am sick of seeing kids getting caught up in this shit.

So anytime a kid come 'round fixing for some quick money, I'm beating their ass like they stole something. I don' already whipped out the belt on a little nigga cause he tried some shit the other day and I took him right back on home to his momma.

Everyone who was 21 and under who was living under my name, they were automatically discharged and I'd see to it that they find themselves a better life to live.

I looked around my living room as it was filled with hella niggas discussing what we could do. I didn't want to start something we wasn't gonna finish. If we ran up on them niggas, it would be one and done. I'm not leaving anyone alive or able to walk away, much less crawl.

"So how we gon' do this? I got a family to take care of and my girl already ain't with this shit. I plan on coming home to her untouched," one person said as a few others agreed nodding. I stood up from my seat and leaned against the fireplace as Marquez stood a little off to my side.

I looked upon all of them as the room quieted. It's just too many good people to risk lives in here. I grew up with some of these people and beefed with some. We been through some shit and not sending them off with a guaranteed future in hand didn't feel right.

"I know I don't get sentimental and shit but this is too big of a situation. Many of y'all preach that you owe me your lives despite the bullshit we go through when we trek through the soil. I owe y'all mine for sticking together to defend my name and our families. We may cause problems too but we damn sure protect what we love. The shit has to stop though, all this fighting and gun business. We ain't in no fucking war and I ain't tryna lose like a soldier to one."

"You can't be thinking to take this shit on your own then," I heard from the stairs as I turned my head up to the back of the room where the grand stairs were. I seen Cevon looking at me with anger pictured on his face. The other youngins' were all around just sitting there listening as I sighed.

These kids are like my own. Cevon is basically my shadow with how down he is for me. He ain't got no father figure nor mother to look up to. I've looked after him for some years now so it's no doubt that he feels the decision I'm making is stupid. But it's all because he don't want to lose the only person whose ever had his back.