Chapter 12

Lily looked up from the witch weekly when the fire turned green and Dumbledore exited the floo. She stood up instantly smiling but her smile fell when she saw his face was one of rage. She gulped slightly not knowing what to do. She didn't want him to take his anger out on him. She doesn't want to get hurt.

"A-Albus?" She hesitantly called when he just sat on an armchair thinking deeply about something.

"That fucking Black is free." He said through gritted teeth and Lily's eyes widened. What? Black is free? Then they won't be getting the Black seats from Isadore.

"But, how?" Lily asked him.

"The Goblins helped him because one of their own goblin, who swore to the Black family, betrayed him. So, the Goblin King himself made sure everything goes right." Dumbledore sighed stroking his beard.

"Are you saying we won't be able to get anything else from the Black Vaults anymore?" Lily asked him. The Potter Vaults have money but her son needs them. So, she made a plan to get money from Black Vaults as she didn't care about Black and his offspring. But, if they won't get any money from Black Vaults then Dumbledore will ask her to give money from Potter Vaults.

"We don't have access anymore. They killed the Goblin who helped us." Dumbledore said to her. "I don't understand one thing though."

"What?" Lily asked him.

"They haven't asked me to return the money I took illegally." He frowned. "If I know anything about Goblins, that is they don't like thieves. They don't like me but why are they not doing anything?"

"Do you think something is going on?" Lily asked afraid for Dumbledore and others who stole the money from Black Vaults forgetting about the Potter Vaults.

"I know they are planning something to harm me. But, I don't know how or what." He said grumbling a little.

"But, they can't harm you. You are Albus Dumbledore." Lily said trying to cheer him up.

"They are the Goblins. They don't care if I'm Dumbledore or Voldemort. I'm a thief in their eyes and that's that." Dumbledore said to her still thinking deeply.

"Do you think Black is behind all this to stop them from doing anything now?" Lily asked him.

"Why would he stop them? I sent him to Azkaban. I made the guards rape him when he was there. I stole from him. He would want revenge from me." Dumbledore looked at her and she frowned.

"Albus, I don't know if I'm right or wrong but, don't you think it's a bit obvious?" She said and he rose an eyebrow at her.

"What are you saying?" He asked her.

"He is waiting for the right moment to take you down." Lily said and Dumbledore looked at her for a moment longer before sighing. "But, Albus. I don't understand why you are thinking too much. I mean, you took it from a dark family, so the public won't care right?"

"They don't see if I took a from a dark or light family Lily. The only thing they see is I stole something." He said to her. "They will start distrusting me. I can't let that happen. All my hardwork from all these years will go waste."

"But, what can we do now?" Lily asked him.

"You should take the blame for me." Dumbledore said after a long silence.

"W-What?" She asked shocked. "Me?"

"Yes, you can say you didn't like the way muggleborns were treated by dark and pureblood families so you stole from them with my name as you thought the Goblin who helped you will agree if you say my name and donated for muggleborns every year." Dumbledore said with a twinkle in his eyes.