Chapter16

Harry got the letter from Gringotts the next day and was satisfied when they said that they won't let anyone enter his family vaults, not even Dumbledore. They even praised him for taking wise decision, he knew from Isadore about how Dumbledore stole from Black vaults, so the Goblins hate him. Harry couldn't help but sigh in pity for Dumbledore. He is digging his own grave. The Goblins hate thieves. 

"Can you stop daydreaming and concentrate on the potion." A whiny voice sounded from beside him. Harry shook his head to clear his thoughts and looked at an annoyed Malfoy glaring at him angrily and immediately looked at his potion bubbling furiously on the verge of exploding. Draco threw something into it making it stable and Harry sighed in relief. 

It's been a week after the Gringotts reply and Harry was in his Potions class again and sitting beside Draco again. He continued to sit beside Draco from that day in every class possible and that meant literally all the classes. He never lets anyone else sit beside the blonde guy. Harry didn't know why but after spending a week sitting beside Draco, Harry felt like he never really knew the real Draco Malfoy. He is not an arrogant and cocky pureblood as Ron said. He is actually nice. 

Harry smiled thinking how Draco helped him throughout the week in every class even if he hated Harry from the bottom of his heart for what happened in the past 4 years. Harry often bullied Draco with Ron while Hermione stood beside them covering up for them. Draco never let them see his pain and glared at them, but thinking back, Harry can see the hurt in his eyes every time Harry called his family something bad. 

Harry doesn't know what's wrong with his family, but he knows that Draco is not happy and is just being tough in front of others so that no one will see his pain. May be Isadore knows something about it as she said she is close to Lucius Malfoy. He will ask her tonight when they meet in the twins' dorm. 

Also, what about his friends? He always thought all those Slytherins were his friends, but Draco always sits alone in his classes and no other Slytherins sit with him. They doesn't even care if Harry sits beside Draco. Crabbe and Goyle are always with Draco outside the class, but they look more as bodyguards than friends. Something is fishy, Harry thought suspiciously and wanted to find out more about it. 

"Earth to Potter. How many times do you want me to save you cauldron from exploding." Draco shoved his shoulder with his and came to his work place standing close to him. Harry unconsciously inhaled the scent of apple and lavender from Draco and instantly loved the way he smelled.

"So good." He said out and Draco looked at suspiciously from the cauldron and Harry smiled at him. 

"What is so good?" Draco asked him.

"You." Harry blurted out before realizing what he said and Draco's eyes narrowed some more. "I mean, you are so good at potions. I want to learn from you. Will you teach me?"

"I don't want to bother with people like you." Draco huffed haughtily, but Harry didn't take it to heart and just smiled at him as Draco turned back to his cauldron and added the remaining ingredients. Harry felt someone looking at him and looked into suspicious onyx eyes glaring at him and immediately took a step back from Draco. Snape nodded slightly before turning away. Why did it look as if Snape is protecting Draco from me? Also, why didn't Snape scold me for taking help from Draco? 

"Just add the last ingredient when the potion cools down slightly." Draco said to him before going back to his cauldron. Harry nodded at him and waited for the potion to cool down and did as Draco told him. 

"Hey, Draco." Harry called him as he returned to his desk after submitting the potion to Snape. 

"What is it Potter?" Draco asked not looking up from his book.