Chapter 27

Severus left his room in anger and didn't slow down till he reached the Gryffindor common room. He asked the fat lady portrait who said she was so sleepy that she didn't notice who entered the common room and if someone left or not. Severus had to control himself to not shred the stupid portrait into pieces at the laziness she is emitting. He wants to sleep too, but Lucius won't let him sleep until he knows if the brat is safe or not. 

"Stupid portraits, stupid lovers." He muttered to himself in anger. "Let me in then."

"No, you are not the Gryffindor head of house to let you enter without a password." The fat lady said crossing her arms tiredly. 

"I'm still a professor at Hogwarts and I have every right to enter the common room of other houses." Severus snapped at her getting irritated at the attitude of the fat lady. "Let me enter now or you are going to be removed from here tomorrow morning." 

"How dare you talk to me in that tone?" The fat lady glared at him angrily. "You are not even a Gryffindor, you can't change me-" 

"I dare you to say that again." He was now pointing his wand at her after losing all his patience in bickering with her anymore. "I can ruin your painting in a snap and you won't even be able to tell anyone what happened or who did it."

"You won't dare." The fat lady was shaking afraid of him even if she was already dead. "I will tell Minerva right now."

"I will tear you apart even before that." He sneered at her. "Now, let me in before I really do something to you."

"Alright, alright." She immediately opened the door for him completely afraid of him by now. He almost went inside before pausing and turned to look at her dead in the eye making her shiver in the portrait. His eyes were colder than ice and she couldn't help the shiver that ran down her spine when his gaze met hers. She should just tell Minerva everything as soon as possible, she thought to herself. 

"If you tell anyone that I was here or I threatened you to go inside the Gryffindor common room by mistake. You will regret it." He warned her in a deathly soft voice that made her more afraid than his angry voice before. "I mean it."

"I won't tell a soul." She shook her head. 

"Very good." He smirked at her. "I know a few men in the portraits down in the dungeons who would do anything for another Slytherin. Even torture another person in the portrait."

"My lips are completely sealed." She whispered horrified. This man can even torture her while she is already dead and is just a portrait. He is really so cruel, she is feeling pity for the Potter boy for whom he is here at the moment. 

"I like it." Severus smirked some more before going inside without another look at her face which paled some more. She immediately sighed in relief when he left her alone finally. She almost fell down of her chair in relief before taking deep breaths to stable her racing heart. 

"Stupid Gryffindors and their stairs." Severus was mumbling under his breath as he reached the fifth landing where the Gryffindor 5th year boys stay. He slowly opened the door to the dorm and found five beds in a single room. He sneered at the small size of the room but still given to 5 students. His Slytherins would have a room 3 times larger than this and only 2 stay in each room. The dungeons were always better than other house dormitories, he knew it. 

Severus almost cursed the Weasley boy who was snoring louder than a hippogriff and checked the four beds with the bed owner sleeping peacefully not knowing that their cold potions master is in their dorm looking at them sleeping. Ron was sleeping with his head hanging over the edge while his body sprawled like a star fish on the small bed.