Chapter 18

"Are you mad?" Lucius asked after a long time and Draco snapped out of his thoughts and sat up before looking at the door. "I love him. But, I had to marry your mother because of Walburga who wanted her brother's daughters to be married to influential and prominent families of Wizarding World."

"I never cheated on her. I swear. This is the first time after so long that he-" Lucius sighed and rubbed a hand over his face. "I swear Draco, if you don't like him then I will even stop talking to him from now. Just don't be mad, ok?"

"Dad." Draco hugged him tightly. "Why would you do that?"

"You are more important than anyone else Draco. I only stayed with Narcissa because I didn't want you to be motherless. Even if I can't divorce her without Lord Black's permission, I could've sent her to some other Malfoy property." Lucius said ruffling Draco's hair. "No one is more important than my son."

"I'm so sorry, dad." Draco said as he cried lightly on Lucius' shoulder. 

"Shhh, Dragon. Don't cry. It hurts to see you sad." Lucius said pulling away. 

"I'm sorry." Draco said as Lucius wiped his tears. "I won't hurt you like this again."

"Stupid boy." Lucius chuckled. "You were hurting yourself more than me."

"I don't mind you and Severus. He is really nice to me. Even if I'm his lover's son with another woman." Draco said to him. "I don't care even if you divorce mo-Narcissa. I don't like her, dad. I don't like her at all. All she does is show fake love and sneer at my back and make fun of me for being a fool and stupid. But, I just can't accept that none of my parents love me and let her do whatever she wants and even did everything she said. I'm friends with those she approved and if my friends wants to have fun bullying someone, I went with them. I'm sorry dad. I didn't want to bully Isadore, but they said they will go to Narcissa and tell her about me. She won't like it if I didn't do anything what they say and will punish me. I hate it. She will lock me in cupboard dad. It is so dark in it and it's so scary."

"Why didn't you tell me before, dragon? I could've killed her for hurting my son." Lucius looked pained when he heard what that bitch did to his son. His son endured everything in silence for his mother's love.

"I thought even if she doesn't love me now, she will one day in the future. I'm her son after all. Her flesh and blood." Draco sighed and rested his head on Lucius' shoulder. "Please, don't hate me dad."

"I can never hate you, Draco." Lucius said to him. "Even if you kill me."

"I love you dad." Draco said closing his eyes again. 

"I love you too Dragon." Lucius kissed the top of his son's head. He is too big for the kiss, but Lucius got the chance to hold his son after so long that he can't let it go. 

"Lucius-" Severus stopped when he saw Draco awake and sitting beside Lucius. Harry looked at them from behind Severus and frowned when he saw the tear marks on Draco's face. 

"What's wrong? Why is he crying? Is he hurt? You said they didn't do anything yet." Harry looked at Severus anxiously. Lucius raised an eyebrow at the young boy. He is different from what Isadore told him. Lucius doesn't doubt that Isadore lied to him, but he can't believe that this boy changed in such a short time. 

"He is fine." Severus said curtly. Harry shut his mouth and looked away. He knows the three persons in the room hate him and won't believe him even if he said that he is not involved in the plan of Ron and others. He can only blame himself for it. He will try to gain their trust slowly. 

"I will leave then. I'm sorry to disturb you." Harry said before leaving quickly. Even though, he understands their doubt on him it still hurt a little when no one trusts you. He is still a kid who is pampered a lot from childhood at the end of the day.