Chapter 28

"What's going on?" Sirius frowned at them just as Romulus entered the room. 

"The dark lord's here." Romulus said making them stand up at once just before Marvolo entered the room. Rabastan and Barty followed him and looked at Rodolphus worried. 

"Sirius, there is something I want you to do." Marvolo came straight to the point and ignored everyone else in the room. "It's urgent."

"I have-" "Dumbledore is making his move, Sirius." Marvolo interrupted him. "We need to do something to his position in the Wizengamot if we want to go ahead with our plan."

"But, Harry-" "You won't be able to live a happy life with your godson if we don't stop Dumbledore now." Marvolo said bluntly making Sirius look at him with wide eyes.

"How can you say that?" Sirius asked angrily. "Are you threatening me?"

"I'm just stating the fact that if you want your godson safe, first concentrate on taking down Dumbledore." Marvolo said to him with a bit of more dominance in his voice. He hates to use it on one of his own, but he needs to do this now.

"You can't force me to-" "I'm not." Marvolo snapped making Sirius flinch. Rodolphus controlled himself for two reasons, one, he can't go against the dark lord, two, he knows the dark lord is doing this for Sirius' own good. He tried to give Sirius strength but Sirius flinched again at his touch.

"I understand." He said taking a step backward and nodded. "What do you want me to do?"

"Sirius, I only want what is good for you and your loved ones." Marvolo tried to explain. "I'm not trying to separate you from your godson. I may have my differences with him, but I won't try to come between you and him. Ever."

"Ok." Sirius said not meeting any of their eyes. "Alright." 

"Siri, don't be like that." Rodolphus tried to move closer and Sirius let Rodolphus hug him this time. "He is just saying that so-"

"I understand." Sirius said again. "I'm sorry for reacting like that."

"Papa-" "I really understand, don't think too much." Sirius chuckled. "I just get extreme a few times, that's all. I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" Rodolphus didn't look convinced and Sirius smiled at him. Rodolphus shook his head and kissed the side of his head. "I need to talk to you about something later."

"Ok." Sirius nodded and looked at the dark lord. "What should I do?"

"You are the one with plans, Sirius." Marvolo said to him. He wanted Sirius to not think about Harry and concentrate on something else. 

"Alright, I'll think something. What's going on exactly?" Sirius asked him. 

"Dumbledore wants to throw Lily Potter into the limelight at the moment before the goblins try to release about him stealing from Gringotts into the public." Marvolo explained as everyone took a seat in the living room. Rodolphus held Sirius' hand knowing fully well that Sirius is trying hard to control his emotions at the moment. Isadore sat on the other side of Rodolphus looking worried. She glanced at Marvolo a couple of times wondering if she should stop him from overwhelming her papa even more or not. 

"Don't you think we should do this together instead of letting papa think everything alone?" Isadore suggested when she saw how hard it is getting for her papa to keep his blank mask on. 

"Pardon?" Marvolo looked at her with a slight frown. "Sirius did everything alone till now, he was the mind behind every plan that went well. I don't want that to change."

"But, you should also think about my papa's health." Isadore said frowning back. "He is not well lately and he needs some rest."

"Isadore-" "Marvolo, please." Isadore cut him off making everyone look at her wide-eyed. Marvolo looked at her with a blank face for a long time before chuckling.