Chapter 13: Closer

Sans stared at Undyne, who was glaring back at him. He was furious that she came all the way down to Snowdin. Why would she be here? What would she need to do here?

"Sans, I need to discuss Snowdin with you. The law has been changed to that eating humans is illegal again. It would be nice if any human that fell-"

"not a word!" Sans said as he cut off what Undyne was saying. Sans glared at the so-called Queen of the Underground. He didn't want to talk to her and he didn't want Undyne to know Aliza. Aliza looks a lot like Frisk.

"Sans! It this is important-" Undyne started before slamming the door shut. Aliza can reset but he can't risk giving her to Undyne multiple times or at all. Aliza is Sans's only ticket to seeing Frisk again. Sans has to get Undyne out of Snowdin. Even if Sans doesn't know how he would respond to her. Sans needed her out
---------------------------------------------------------

Frisk followed Flowey through the forest of Snowdin. Every now and then they would come across a patch of blood or there would be a limb of a human. Frisk felt her stomach drop as she thought about her plan to free the monsters and about the condition she might find her daughter in.

Frisk started to feel very stupid for even thinking her daughter could have been in good hands when she first thought of the underground being a safe place for Aliza. Has Sans and Papyrus changed as well? Was Frisk too late to save the underground like she originally had planned? She was a terrible mother to have lost her daughter this badly.

"I'm sorry about all this Frisk." Flowey apologized as he continued to lead the way. Frisk had always dreamed about her and Flowey being on the same page but she never imagined it like this. They stopped when they made it to the place where Frisk had first felt Sans. She started at the corpse that hung there. She watched as it swung side to side. Its blood of it drips into the now red snow. Watching made her feel so sick to her stomach. How many humans have they harmed?

Frisk then went back to following Flowey while hoping her daughter is safe. She doesn't even know if Aliza can reset. Frisk seemed to have lost the ability after she left the underground. How are Alphys and Undyne doing? Is Alphys still the royal scientist? Since Undyne is Queen does that mean she is to blame for all this? Did the monsters need to do this to survive? Does that mean that Aliza is already gone?

"You look pale. Do you need a break?" Flowey asked Frisk. Frisk's eyes met his. If she took a break now then she might be too late.

"Don't stop! I need you to take me where Aliza is." Frisk panicked slightly. She needed to know her daughter, her baby is safe and alive. Flowey nodded as he started leading the way this time at a faster pace towards the place where Aliza is at. She needed to get to her daughter. She needed to hold Aliza in her arms. Her baby needs to be safe and sound in her arms.

"I was with your daughter but she left me to follow Sans," Flowey remarked with a large hint of worry. Frisk looked at Flowey as she followed him. Aliza followed Sans and Flowey sounds worried. That means that Sans is different than the one she knew from when she went through the underground. Aliza must be so traumatized by all this.
---------------------------------------------------------
Aliza sat on the skeleton brother's couch as she stared out the window. Why didn't Sans kill her when she followed him? Has he finally stopped? Papyrus had gone out to do something that Aliza had forgotten. Sans was in his room doing who knows what. Aliza looked around the room.

The living room itself reminded Aliza of how her mother decorated their living room except there were no pictures on the wall. A red stain here and there that made Aliza feel unsettled. A red trail to the kitchen that made Aliza's mind wonder about what could have happened there. A sock near the broken tv that had a ton of post-it notes, some had the writing faded a bit.

Aliza wrapped herself in the blanket. She wondered what her mother was doing right now. Maybe her mother was getting the last soul she needed or she was solving a jigsaw puzzle. Maybe her mother was too busy to notice that she was gone. Aliza could only guess what her mother was doing but she just knew that she missed her.

Aliza also knew that she couldn't predict Sans. He can go from joking around to killing her in a second. Aliza had grown tired of gaining new scars from every time she died for something down here. Sans had given Aliza countless new scars on her body. The worse scar is the one around Aliza's neck from when she got beheaded at one point. How could her mother stand him?

Aliza now knew that Sans and her mother know each other and had some kind of friendship. How could they be friends when Sans is like this? Aliza took a deep breath. However things were in the past, don't matter now. If her mother fell into the underground years ago, became friends with monsters, and had Aliza on the surface then that means there is a way to escape this place. But where would it be? How would she find it?

Aliza saw Sans walking down the staircase. When did he open his bedroom door? He looked at Aliza and smiled at her which sent shivers down her spine.

"You doing well?" Sans asked while tilting his head. He had both his hands in the pockets of his jacket. Did he want something? Of course, he does.

"I am doing alright," Aliza mumbled as she looked at the twisted skeleton. What did he want? What was he doing in his room? Who did he talk to at the front door a while ago?

"Good, I have more questions for ya," Sans stated as he sat down on the couch. Aliza stared at the short skeleton. She kept the blanket tightly wrapped around herself as if it would keep her safe. Aliza kept a watch on the skeleton preparing herself for the worst.

"What kind of questions?" Aliza asked while feeling both scared and slightly curious about what Sans wanted to ask her. Sans kept his smile towards her, the creepy one that she had always known him to do.

"The kind that is about your mother."