Chapter 14: Papyrus

Sans looked at Aliza, who had fallen asleep after being instantly questioned by Sans. She reminded him so much like Frisk. Her hairstyle, the way she slept on his couch. The way she could reset. Maybe if he does see Frisk again, he could try to be in Aliza's life but closer. He stepped closer to get a better look at the young girl. She looked to be no older than ten, now how long has it been since Frisk left the Underground? Sans couldn't remember anymore. He went to tuck Aliza in but he noticed something on her. Has that always been there?

Sans stared at the scar around Aliza's neck for a good minute. The scar that should have been more noticeable to him. It looked like it was a deep cut and he only knew about scars because of Frisk. Did he make that scar on Aliza? If he did then Frisk would never accept him. Hell, Sans still doesn't know if he would be happy to see it. What if he ends up killing her? That doesn't matter, Frisk can simply reset. She always could reset. Frisk reseted so much that she was both his enemy and his friend.

Sans wasn't afraid to harm Frisk's child in the moment but now, when he is so close to having the chance of Frisk being in his life again. Her being angry scared him. However, it didn't scare him as much as it should. Sans glared at Aliza's sleeping body. He had so many choices to make, why should he care about Frisk? He grabbed his axe. Frisk abandoned him. He put both his hands on the axe. Frisk didn't need him. He lifted it above his head, prepared to attack. Frisk had a child without him. He got into a better pose for his attack. Frisk probably fell in love with a human guy that broke her heart. She never loved Sans.

Sans then paused when he thought about Frisk never loving him, he felt a pain in his chest and tears in his eyes. He looked back at what he was doing and put the axe down. He looked at Aliza's sleeping body, she had turned over and was sleeping on her left side. Her back was to him. He was about to harm Aliza again. He would never end up with Frisk if he kept this behavior of his up. He then put his axe in the kitchen and quickly made it to his room. He accidentally slammed the door shut.

His room was a mess, with blood and papers everywhere. A pile of dust here and there. His mattress was torn up completely. His room was always a mess, even when Frisk was in it however now it was unbearable. He sank to the floor with his back against the door. How did he become like this? How did he become so obsessed? Was it because of seeing Aliza? Was it because of the law changes? Was it because Undyne became Queen? Was it because of Alphys? Was it because Frisk left? He didn't know the answer. He also knew that Aliza didn't know the answer either. He didn't have a plan for when he saw Frisk again. Maybe it wouldn't matter. Maybe he would go back to his old self? No, that was impossible now without a reset of everything. Could Aliza do that?
---------------------------------------------------------

Papyrus was doing his usual patrolling. He was hungry but he didn't know what he wanted to eat other than spaghetti. He walked slowly through the forest of snowed in. Is it possible for a new human to have fallen so soon? They have been getting new humans so often nowadays compared to before. It had been a while since he had seen one other than Aliza. Sans was taking good care of her, Papyrus was sure of it.

All the human corpses around Papyrus no longer made him feel uneasy. They use to be a foreign concept to him. He used to think it was wrong to let humans die. He had fought so hard to keep Frisk alive. He wondered how she was doing. Maybe Frisk had become successful in her life on the surface. Maybe she became the human's royal guard. She matched Papyrus's level of intelligence and will never forget the date he had with her. She admired him so very much.

It was a shame that Sans and Undyne no longer get along but it's probably because of Undyne's law changed. Papyrus knew better than to talk to Sans about his. Sans already was badly injured by Undyne but he never would talk about it. Oh, how Papyrus wished Sans would talk to him more. Things would be so much better if Sans wasn't always carrying so much weight on his shoulders. Maybe Papyrus could make Sans some of his special spaghetti.

"Papyrus?" A familiar voice had said.  Papyrus stopped in his tracks. He hadn't heard that voice in so long, could it really be them? He slowly turned his head. It was them. When did they show up in Snowdin? When did she enter the underground?

"Frisk? Flowey?" Papyrus spoke as he saw the duo. Frisk looked way older, she still looked good. Worry was written all over her face, she looked kind of pale. Did she really come back? Papyrus could feel the tears threatening his eyes. He couldn't believe it. Flowey ignored Papyrus completely, but Papyrus couldn't care less. What Papyrus cared about was the human woman standing before him.
-------------------------------------------------------

Undyne and Alphys were walking through Waterfall. Undyne was pretty ticked by how Sans had answered the door. Couldn't he be a little nicer to the Queen of the Underground? She was trying to make things right again. She couldn't help bit glare at the ground.

"Are you thinking about it?" Alphys asked Undyne. Alphys, Undyne's biggest supporter or so it seems, seemed to have known something Undyne didn't. Undyne stared at the dino monster.

"Which part?" Undyne asked back. Undyne regrets the paw about eating humans since it had caused distant between Snowdin and the rest of the Underground. What's wrong with Sans? How could he just tear away Snowdin like that? All because he feel in love with Frisk. Its not like that law was helping the Underground. Most monsters past Snowdin died of hunger. Frisk was the last human that fell and will probably be the last to ever be in the Underground while monsters are here.

"Sans might be planning a civil war." Alphys pointed out. Those words made Undyne pause for a second. Sans wouldn't do that, would he? He could and might. He was quick to push them out of Snowdin. His house also reeked of human blood. Is it possible that something bigger is going on?

"What could we do to prevent that?" Undyne asked. She was ready to do anything for the subjects of the Underground that rely on her.