Chapter 17: Hug Her?

Sans was sitting in the middle of his messy room. It was more of a mess then usual. His hands were on the floor and he was sitting on his knees. He stared at a picture of him and Frisk. It was the only picture that he had of her. He was told that she abandoned the underground. Undyne may be the queen now, but he didn't enjoy the rule being changed. Frisk wouldn't have abandoned him, right? She would be coming back any day now, right? He continued to stare at the picture. In the picture, Frisk had her right arm around a pretty chill Sans. She had such a bright smile in the picture. A smile that twisted his chest as he stared at it. She looked so happy being his friend. She looked so happy hanging out with Papyrus, why did she have to leave? She could have stayed in the underground. Asgore could have lived. Maybe if Sans had shown up during the "talk" then maybe things would be different. Why did things have to be this way? Sans heard a knock on his bedroom door.

"Hey Sans..... I know that you haven't been feeling the best since the human has been gone but I uh made you spaghetti since I noticed that you haven't had anything to eat yet. I hope you will enjoy this, brother!" Papyrus's guilt-filled voice could be heard in the other side of the door. Sans finally looked at the door, how long had he been looking at that picture of Frisk? It has only been a few days since Frisk left. Why did Sans have to fall in love with a human? She wouldn't stay? Hell, she even reset multiple times but no matter how much Sans wanted to hate her, he couldn't. Not when he believes every little thing she said to him in this timeline.

'I promise that I won't reset ever again, Sans.'

'I told you that I do believe that the worst person can change. So I am changing!'

'One day, I am sure we both can live on the surface. Together, as human and monster.'

Sans opened his bedroom door slowly as he looked to see if Papyrus was still there. He wasn't but a plate of spaghetti was on the floor. Sans picked it up and brought it into his room. As he slowly closed his bedroom door, he looked at the mess of his room. If he cared more about it, he would clean it up. He walked over to his mattress and sat on it.

"Together, as human and monster? Doesn't sound so possible anymore." Sans muttered to himself as he stared at the plate of spaghetti. He wasn't in the mood to eat his younger brother's terrible cooking but he also knew he hasn't eaten since he heard about Frisk leaving. How long can a monster go without food? There is probably a study that Sans could read about it. He could have talked about it with her. He gently grabbed the fork and slowly picked it up. His eyes stared blankly at the spaghetti. His stomach grumbled loudly. He then looked back at the picture of him and Frisk. His eyes watered a bit which blurred his vision. Why did she do it? He placed the plate on the ground, then his hands covered his face. Why would she kill Asgore? She could have stayed, things didn't have to be this way. Tears started to fall from his eyes. He then laid back on the mattress, his eyes stared at the ceiling as the tears fell down the sides of his face. When was the last time he cried this much? He felt a slight ache in his chest, his left hand gripped his shirt right above his chest.

Was Sans a fool for how he felt? No one else was hurting like this. Did no one else love Frisk the way that he did? He probably would have felt jealous if someone else had her attention. That doesn't matter now. How would Sans even know? Will she even be back? He hoped she would but he knew the chances of that was slim. Why did she have to leave? She didn't even say goodbye. If he knew that the last time he was ever going to see her was in that judgment hall then he would have done more. Why didn't he think that this could have happened? Maybe he just thought that Frisk wouldn't have killed Asgore even though she has admitted to going on a full genocide before she did a reset. He made her promise not to reset again! He kinda forgot about the part. If she did reset then he would see her again. However, he would have no memories of their time together. Why was this so difficult for Sans? Why did he have to fall in love with Frisk and realize it when she was gone? Does life hate him this much?