Chapter 7: Worst Person

Sans watched as Aliza attempted Papyrus's traps. It reminded him of Frisk. Jealousy grew inside the short skeleton as he stared at Aliza. Aliza did look a lot like Frisk but he wasn't so sure of what he would do if he ever saw Frisk again now.

Sans turned his attention to the door of the Ruins. Would Frisk come back? Would she come back to him? Would he now accept her with open arms? Would he kill her at first glance?

Sans hid his face in his hands. How could he be so mean to Aliza? It made him feel like he was harming Frisk. How could he? Aliza was right about Sans being confusing. He was even confusing himself. He realized that Frisk wouldn't return to the underground. Frisk wouldn't return to him.

"I'm a mess..." Sans said to himself. He felt his tears fall from his eyes into his skeleton hands.

"You could do better." A familiar voice said to him. He looked up and saw Aliza. He was about to grab his knife until he noticed that she had her hand out.

"What are you doing?" Sans asked the human stood in front of him. Aliza smiled at him. A familiar feeling that hardened been there for a long time was in his chest. Was in his soul.

"I want to start over between us. So let's start over. I'm Aliza." Aliza started. Sans stared at her hand.

"Why would you-"

"I believe that even the worst person can change if they truly try. I'm willing to help you." Aliza cut him off. Sans looked up at her face. She had a smile and her eyes were focused on him. She looked so much like Frisk. He gave her a soft smile.

"That is the most childish thing I ever heard from you," Sans spoke with a calm ton of voice. He knew Frisk wasn't going to return to the underground.  Sans glared at the child. Her face was filled with shock. It looked almost cute. The keyword almost.

"We can look-"

"-past all the times you chose to reset. Just like your mother. Do you think you are above this?" Sans began. He decided then that the resets will never be forgiven by him. Aliza has a childish world view. Just like her. 

Just like Frisk

Frisk giggled as she looked up at the rocks above her and Sans. Sans watched as her smile grew. It was a beautiful day.

"You know, before I did a reset once, you told me something," Frisk told the skeleton before her. Sans looked at the female with a bit of confusion. 

"Oh really? What did I say?" Sans asked, fully confused, and filled with curiosity.  Frisk looked at him, her eyes changed a bit.

"You asked if I believed that the worst person could change," Frisk told him. What would drive him to ask her that.

"What was your response?" Sans asked. His confusion grew as he waited for the female's response. Her eyes turned back to the rocks that so starred like.

"I told you that I do believe that the worst person can change. So I am changing!" Frisk declared.  Sans briefly remembers things that happened in previous resets. He briefly remembered that conversation. 

"You aren't the worst person, Frisk." Sans chuckled as he rests his head on his post. He was ready for a nap. Frisk stood up and looked down on the short skeleton. 

"You wouldn't like some of the things I have done," Frisk mumbled softly. Sans caught those words but he didn't dare to question them to her face.

"That isn't what I am trying to do!" Aliza mumbled, sounding frustrated.  Sans chucked he walked closer to Aliza. What would have happened if he did question Frisk that day?

"It seems like that is what you are doing. You can reset all you want. I don't forget anything. Not anymore." Sans chuckled.  Sans loved the look of confusion Aliza was giving him.