chapter 2

Terrence's pov

"Beep! Beep! Beep!" My alarm clock started to sound. Arrggh. I don't wanth to go to school. Screw that, I don't even want to move. My ribs hurt like HELL, my back is

killing me, and I have a serious headache. Extreme reluctantly, I took a few pain killer pills, ( my angeles from heaven) and dragged myself out of bed, tip toeing to the bathroom. My dad was terribly drunk last night,  and I can't risk waking him up,  he'll be in a terrible mood and I might receive another beating.  I brushed my teeth while examining myself in the mirror. Oops. Seems like I've got a nasty dark purple bruise on my left cheekbone. Can't let anyone see it, can I?  I applied some face powder (for men) on the patch of purple skin, and admired my handiwork in the mirror. Hmm. The purple isn't noticeable. Good. I threw on a tight black long sleeved shirt and a pair of plain long jeans to hide the scars. I took my backpack, slipped on my sea blue coloured converse,  and headed to the kitchen to grab breakfast. "Aren't you going to greet your dad good morning?" My dad asked,  rasing his eyebrows. I froze, as I don't know that he was awake in the living room. He usually sleeps in after a hangover. I was too tired to talk back at him,  so I mumbled a reply.  " Good morning." I said. I shot out of the living room to the kitchen, grabbed a muffin, and headed out. "I'm heading to school, dad! ""You think I care? " was the'warm'  reply I got. I shrugged,  and half limped to hop on my bike,  swallowing the dreadful pain from my headache and broken ribs.