Chapter 13

Ethel's pov
It can't be... I mean, it couldn't be, right ? However, seeing how Terry curled up and flinched at my touch, I really am starting to believe that he is abused. I'm not going to confront him though. I believe he would tell me when the time comes. Its his privacy after all. I crouched down next to Terry, and splashed my water bottle at his face.
"ARRGGHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!" He screamed like a little girl." Ah hell Ethel!!! You scared the creeps outta me !!!" He pouted like a five year old. "You are the one who scared the living daylights out of me. You were fine one moment, then suddenly you were panting heavily and flinching away, even if I was only trying to help you get on your feet. Terrence, really what's wrong." I said seriously, looking right into his eyes. He avoided my gaze almost immediately, suddenly finding a spot on the floor of the gym interesting. "Uh. I'm fine. I am just a little sensitive towards balls. I'm ok, really. " he smiled at me half heartedly. I didn't return it. "Terrence. No offense, but you are in the basketball team. You are captain." I stated bluntly. "Yeah, I er, am trying to overcome my sensitivity by joining the team."
Fine. I'm not pushing him. Not now.
"Ok... fine but tell someone if you dont feel well k?" I smiled and told him."Yea sure thing MOM."
Cheeky bastard. I whacked him on the head and went to change. And he did the same.
^~^ ^~^ ^~^ ^~^ ^~^ ^~^ ^~^ ^~^
Terrence's pov
Oh holy peanut buttered carrot sticks I'm late.(A/n: I like it. Don't judge. \(^o^)/) Its already 4:11 and I'm still not home. Steve is so going to beat the daylights out of me. I gulped at the thought and peddled on my bike even faster. When I'm at the doorway, it's already 4:20. HOLY COWS AND TERMITES. I took a deep breath and went in, as quickly and quietly as l could. I tiptoed over to the living room, and saw Steve snoring on ths couch, surrounded by beer cans. O MY GODS. He's asleep. And not going to wake up any time soon. I.crept upstairs to my room. It's not big, just a plain messy room with white walls. I got to my desk and took a pain killer, poured myself a cup of ribena and attempted to do my algebra homework. It was really hard to focus with a huge headache, so I gave up and laid down on my bed instead. The little scene after gym "haunted " me. I think Ethel knows something about my abusive dad. She's new in the school and only had known me for half day. She can't figure it out that easily... I'm friends with Yolanda and Chaq and Arianna for 4 years, and none of them seemed to notice, so she can't just find out in half day with me...right AHHHHHHH. These stupid thoughts are killing me. I was starting to doze off until l heard Steve waking up.

behind the facadeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें