[The Star-Spangled Man]

Bucky and Delia sat in their apartment as they watched the reveal of the new Captain America. Both had their hands to their knees as they stared intently at the TV.

"Did you know Steve Rogers?" the announcer asked.

"I was two years out of West Point when Steve came back on the scene," Walker replied. "I followed his career very closely as an Avenger. I like to think that I modeled my work after his."

An irritated look crossed Delia's face as a low huff escaped her lips.

"So, you've always wanted to be a hero?" the announcer questioned.

"I liked that what I was doing would make people feel safe. Steve Rogers was the kind of guy who could do that, he gave me hope." Bucky and Delia tilted their heads with slightly seething expressions. "So, even though I never met him, he feels like a brother." Bucky pursed his lips and Delia narrowed her eyes, clenching a fist.

"Wow."

"He has no right." Her voice caught and Bucky took her hand.

"Let's get Jamie and meet up with Sam and Nia, okay?"

Delia nodded, starting to shake from the anger. "Okay."

---

Sam looked at a poster of the new Captain America which read 'CAP IS BACK - JOHN WALKER'.

Nia glared at the poster and flipped the poster of Walker off, then frowned at Sam.

"Seems like a good guy," Torres commented. "You met him?"

"No," Sam said. "Thanks for doing this on such short notice."

As the two walked away, Torres replied, "Yeah. No sweat. I'm just, uh, finishing up the checklist. You'll be all good to go once you land in Munich." They walked down the metal stairs.

Bucky and Delia, followed by Jamie, stalked up to Sam and said, "Shouldn't have given up the shield."

"Good to see you too, Buck, Delia. Hey, Jamie."

"This is wrong."

"Hey, hey, look, I'm working, all right? So all this outrage is gonna have to wait." The five walked towards a plane.

"You didn't know that was gonna happen?" Bucky asked.

"No, of course I didn't know that was gonna happen. You two think it didn't break my heart to see them march him out there and call him the new Captain America?"

"This isn't what Steve wanted," Delia told him.

"Oh, my God. So, what do you two want me to do? Call America and tell 'em I changed my mind? Huh?" He chuckled. "Yeah, right. It's a great reunion, buddy, Delia, be well."

"You had no right to give up the shield, Sam," Bucky retorted as the five of them stopped.

"Hey. This is what you two are not gonna do. You two aren't gonna come here in your overextended lives and tell me about my rights. You're not gonna do it either, Jamie. It's over, Bucky, Delia. Besides, I have bigger things to deal with now."

"What could be bigger than this?" Jamie retorted.

Sam pulled out his phone and showed them a picture of a masked man, the leader of the Flag Smashers. "This guy. His connections with rebel organizations all over Eastern and Central Europe, and he's strong. Too strong."

"And?" Bucky and Delia pressed.

"Well, he's been connected to this online group called the Flag Smashers. Now, Redwing traced them to a building somewhere outside of Munich. So that's where I'm going."