Post-Blip Two

Four months after Endgame / Two months before The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Bucky let out a heavy sigh and walked up to Delia. "I need to tell you something."

Delia met his eyes with a furrowed brow. "What is it?"

"I should've told you this years ago."

"Buck, what do you want to say?"

He took a moment to figure out his phrasing. He wasn't one to be nervous around a woman, but Delia had always been the exception. It had been easier when she was with Steve because at least he could attempt to hide his feelings. But now that Steve was gone, he felt like a schoolboy talking to his crush for the first time; and it was terrifying.

Delia squinted slightly. "Bucky? Do you- Are you in love with me?"

"I, uh, how did you-"

"Seer. Remember? Kind of saw this coming."

"That's a relief. Yeah, I am."

"How long?"

"How long what?"

"How long have you loved me?"

A distant look crossed his face as though he was looking at her for the first time. "For as long as I can remember. When we were in first grade, you took Steve to see the nurse after a bad asthma attack and something I now know to be love settled deep within my soul."

"I... I never knew that."

"I never told you, and I paid the price for it."

"So all those years of that sad look was because I was in love with someone else and all the while you loved me?" He nodded. "Why did you never tell me?"

"By the time I was ready to admit the truth, you and Steve were courting, and I wasn't about to end your relationship with him."

Delia sat and ran a hand through her hair. "My God."

Bucky crouched in front of her. "I'm sorry to throw this on you so suddenly, doll."

"No, it's all right. I just- I need a minute."

"Take all the time you need."

Delia was silent for a moment. "You and me feels wrong yet right at the same time. Should it feel like a paradox of emotions?"

"I couldn't tell you. Dea, would you be willing to try a relationship?"

Delia thought for a moment and nodded. "Yes. I would be willing to try."

Bucky held out his hand and lifted Delia to her feet. He kissed her gently and it soon deepened as the two succumbed to what they both felt.

Nia smirked and said, "It's about time."

Delia broke away and turned to her daughter. "How long have you been there?"

"Long enough. God, that was like watching a cheesy rom-com, but much better in real life. I'm happy for you, Mom. After Dad, you deserve some happiness."

Delia chuckled softly and smiled. "Thank you, Nia. That really means a lot."

She glanced at her phone. "Sam needs me. See you soon."