[Truth]

Bucky and Jamie ran to the warehouse while Sam flew.

They found John kneeling in the warehouse, shield and hands bloody. The Avengers stopped and John stood and said, "Time to go to work."

John marched toward them and Sam called, "Walker..."

"You guys should see a medic, you don't look so good."

"Stop, Walker."

John looked at Sam. "What? You saw what happened. You know what I had to do. I killed him because I had to! He killed Lemar!"

Jamie shook his head. "He didn't kill Lemar, John. But if my sister dies because of what you did, there's gonna be hell to pay."

Bucky sighed. "Don't go down that road. Believe me, it doesn't end well." He glanced at Jamie. "That goes for you too."

"I'm not like you, Delia, Nia or Jamie," John said.

Jamie's tone was laced with venom as he said, "That's enough, Walker."

Sam looked between the group before saying, "Listen, it was the heat of the battle. Okay? If you explain what happened, they may consider your record. We don't want anyone else to get hurt. John... You gotta give me the shield, man."

"Oh, so that's what this is," John said, looking up before staring at the three Avengers. "You almost got me."

"You made a mistake."

"You don't wanna do this."

Bucky and Jamie shared a look before saying, "Yeah, we do."

They ran at John at the same time, but he managed to fight them off. He dodged kicks and punches before kicking Sam away, then shoved Jamie back and turned his attention to Bucky.

Bucky swung at John, breaking one of the metal supports when he hit it. John dodged it and threw the shield at Bucky, sending him back into a forklift.

"Why are you making me do this?" John yelled.

John picked up the shield, pushing Bucky against the lift before throwing him into a pole.

Bucky fell as electricity surged through his Vibranium arm and body. Jamie narrowed his eyes and punched John, sending him tumbling back.

Sam moved between Bucky, Jamie and John before saying, "This isn't you, John."

John panted and said, "We could've been a team." He and Sam fought, Sam in the air and John on the ground.

Jamie stood and shook his head. "That was never going to happen." He punched John, causing him to stumble back again. John kicked him back and he fell to the ground with a yell.

John went to stab Sam with the shield and Bucky lunged at him, knocking him away from Sam. The two exchanged punches, with Bucky ending up on the ground. Once again, John raised the shield.

Jamie stood and he, Bucky and Sam managed to get the shield away from John at the expense of his elbow.

Bucky and Jamie walked toward Sam and heard John say behind them, "That's mine."

Sam panted and said, "It's over, John."

"It's mine."

"This isn't Finding Nemo, Walker," Jamie said.

Bucky sat up and stared at the shield. He picked it up and dropped it next to Sam.

Sam picked up the shield and tried to wipe the blood off. A downcast expression crossed his face, as though he was ashamed by all that had happened.