[Power Broker]

The Avengers made their way to Berlin, Germany to talk to Zemo. They arrived at a prison and were led down a corridor by a guard.

"He's just through that corridor," the guard informed, looking back to the three.

"Give us a sec," Bucky replied as the guard walked away. "I'm gonna go in alone."

Nia frowned. "I'm going with you, Uncle Bucky."

Delia glanced at her daughter. "Nia, I don't think that's wise."

"Mom. I can control fire. If Zemo tries anything to me or Bucky, then I can just burn him."

"Why?" Sam asked, looking Bucky up and down as he pocketed his hands.

"Because you're an Avenger," Bucky reasoned. "You know how he feels about that."

"It's not like you two, or him and Delia, were known for frolicking in the sun together," Sam said.

"He was obsessed with HYDRA. We have a history together. I got it. Nia's going with me. Dea, don't worry, I'll make sure she doesn't do anything reckless."

Jamie gave his sister a nod and she gave a light smirk in return.

Nia smiled at her family and boyfriend. "I'll be careful. Don't worry."

Bucky and Nia followed after the guard and as they continued down the corridor, it grew progressively darker. The guard said codes to the camera to get them further in and the door opened with a buzz. Bucky and Nia went into the room. The walls seemed to have barbs sticking out. There was a glass door and wall. A rectangular ray of light shined on the ground, which held Zemo's feet and hands.

As Bucky walked closer to the glass, Zemo began saying in Russian, "Longing. Rusted." He stood, revealing his face. "Seventeen."

Bucky answered in English, "Those days are over."

"I know. I just wanted to see how the new you reacts to the old words." He walked up to the glass and studied Bucky. "Something is still in there. But there is also a light in your eyes that I have never seen before."

Bucky smiled as he thought of Delia. "I don't deserve her, but she chose me."

"At least you were not conscious for most of your imprisonment."

"That time wasn't exactly a picnic."

"For what it's worth, I'm sorry," Zemo apologized. "It was never personal. You were simply a means to a necessary end."

Nia crossed her arms. "Enough small talk. Someone is recreating the Super Soldier serum. Bucky and I need to find out who."

Zemo pointed between Nia and Bucky. "You are assuming HYDRA has something to do with this, which is why you came to me, which means you are desperate. Luckily, I know where to begin."

Bucky glanced at Nia. "Go back to the others. I'll be there in a moment."

Nia scoffed. "And let you get in trouble alone? Absolutely not."

As Bucky went to leave, he turned back to Zemo. "What's the book you're reading?"

"Machiavelli," Zemo replied.

"The ending is one to remember," Nia said with a light smirk.

As they left, he pulled a tiny scroll from his pocket.

Bucky tossed the scroll on a table and left, followed by Nia.

They rejoined with Sam, Jamie and Delia and Bucky told him about an address they'd gotten from Zemo about a possible lead. The five looked around the warehouse with flashlights.