3

She walked away and Boodah couldn't help but stare. Mariposa's body was crazy and she had the face to match.

"Y'all saw what she did?" James said enthusiastically.

"What she do?" Boodah asked.

"Exactly! You ain't even see when she slipped me the shit." He continued. "I love her already."

Boodah smiled and shook his head.

"Boy, let's go." Deja said before turning to Boodah. "You coming with us?"

"Yeah."

•••

"Why ya eyes red, child?" Mari's brother asked her when she entered the car.

"PUSSY STRAIGHT, NICKI NOT RICKY! TITTY GET HICKEY PUMPUM GET DICKY!" Mari screamed along with the song playing completely ignoring the question. He laughed then drove off.

"I guess school was good then."

"Ian even ga lie... it was." She said laughing.

She got a FaceTime call from a random number.

"Miss Mariposa!" James sang through the phone.

"Nigga, I just left." She said laughing.

"I miss you though." He said pouting.

Her brother rolled his eyes and smiled, happy she was getting along with people.

"Mhmmm." Mari responded.

"For real tho, I'm havin a party Friday night. I want you to slide."

Mari looked over to her brother and he nodded.

"And this couldn't wait until tomorrow?" Mari teased.

"No." He shouted bringing the phone close up to his face. She copied his mannerism and they shared a laugh.

"I'll text you when I wake up okay? This shit got me sleepy." Mari said yawning.

"I thought you wasn't feelin it." Boodah teased.

"Yeah whateva." Mari said. "I'll catch y'all later."

"BYEEEEE!" James said before she hung up.

•••

"Mari, what this one is?" James asked referring to a question on one of their workshop papers.

"That's 1/8 of an inch. See how the line is shorter but not the shortest?" She explained. "So for the denominator its 16, 8, 4, then 2..." she said pointing at the lines in order from shortest to longest, "and for the numerator you just count how many lines of the same size are there, if that makes sense."

"Ight bet. Preciate it."

It was their last class on a Thursday. Mari was excited about the weekend.

"Oh, I ain't drive so..." James said before pulling out a baggie with special treats in them.

She smiled and took the bag from him. Out of nowhere, Boodah reached his hand in the bag and grabbed one before winking at her.

It only took them a couple of days to become friends but her heart still raced every time he was around.

"Who said you could get some?" She asked smartly.

"Lih girl, this ain't even ya shit." He said pulling up a chair and sitting in front of them.

She rolled her eyes and passed the bag back to James. Mari quickly helped them finish the worksheet so they could chill for the rest of the period.

•••

"Why you ain't ever invite me to ya spot?" James asked Mari, putting his legs on her thighs and propping his head up on his hand.

"Fax!" Boodah chimed in.

She widened her eyes and tilted her head, "Nigga, I met y'all on Monday."

"And?"

"Come over today then." She said looking at both of them.

"Bet." James said lowly, reaching his hand out towards her.

She placed her hand in his an did "their handshake" slowly. He didn't seem to want to let go of her hand.

She looked up at him and he at her. They stared at eachother for a long 10 seconds before he closed his eyes and got up to go to the bathroom.

"You got that nigga bricked." Boodah laughed.

"Cap." She said playing with her hair.

"You ain't see how that nigga was walkin?"

"Mhmm." She said dragging the sound out. "Y'all wanna come by for real? Cause I needa ask my brother."

"Duh." He said before getting up to it in James' seat.

He copied James' previous position and she looked at him like she was disgusted.

"Why I can't do it?" He asked showing his breathtaking smile.

He didn't smile often but when he did, it was a treat.

She rolled her eyes and tried her best to hold back her blush. She started rubbing his leg with one hand while she used the other to scroll through her phone. They cracked jokes with eachother until James came back.

"Why you got my girl rubbin all up on you like dat?" He chuckled.

Boodah put his hands up and laughed, "My bad bruh."

"Who ya girl?" She asked, briefly looking up from her phone.

"You know I'm playin." He said pushing my shoulder.

"Alrighty, you guys... and girl," the teacher started obnoxiously, "can start packing up!"

•••

"Y'all don't fuck up my place, please." Mari's brother chuckled before heading to his room.

"Girl he fine!" Deja whispered to her.

Mariposa stank faced her, "Anyway... my room this way. But we finna smoke so y'all stay right here." She said going for the blunts.

She set everything up on the balcony for them before changing into something more comfortable.

"This shit stank gat damn." James exclaimed.

"Smell like how a headache feel don't it?" Mari asked.

"It do." Boodah agreed.

They started hitting and within minutes the blunt his back.

"Ay..." James said to Mari.

"What?"

He paused for what felt like a minute, "Hi." He said before laughing hard.

"Let's finish this shit and head inside cause this nigga head ain't good." Mari chuckled.

As she smoked she noticed that Boodah couldn't take his eyes off her. She was both intimidated by and excited about it.

•••

"Truth." Deja said as they started their fifth round of truth or dare.

"Lame." Mari teased, as she looked through her closet for something to wear at Friday's party. "When's the last time you got a dick pic?"

"Hmmm, like this morning I think." She said joining Mari in the closet.

"From who?" Her cousin asked pitching up from Mari's bed.

"Don't worry bout it." She said before tooting her lips up at me. "Okay Miss Butterfly, truth or dare?"

"Dare, of course." She said throwing some of her clothing options on the bed.

"I dare you to play spin the bottle with us. Whoever it lands on, you have to kiss."

"Shiiidddddddddd." James said.

"Bet."

•••