16

"Get ya fuckin hands off me and stop yellin, yo!" James gritted.

"Nah. Tell me why the fuck you told Deja I set you up?" Mariposa quietly barked back. "You know that's not what the fuck happened."

The past few months were hell for the group. Everybody, besides Deja and James, was ignoring eachother.

James, in a bizarre lie, told his cousin that the entire situation was a setup; Never going into detail about why he got his ass beat. She obviously believed him and cut ties with Mari and Boodah immediately.

As for Boodah, he blocked everyone's numbers and unfollowed them on all socials. He hadn't even looked in their direction since the fight occurred.

James scoffed, "Why you ain't tell me you and him was fuckin'?"

Mari rolled her eyes. "It's a lot to explain and I know you're not gonna hear me out."

"I can't believe I let some pussy get between me and my dawg." He said to himself.

"Some pussy?" She snapped.

"Yes!" He roared. "Some fuckin pussy. And you grimy as fuck for messin wimme... leading me on knowing damn well you was fuckin' him."

"Leading you on?" She scoffed. "You mean you being delusional as fuck?"

Mari was fed up. She started to walk away, only to be stopped when James grabbed she shoulder, spinned her around, and firmly grasped her chin.

"You a dirty ass slut." he grunted with a devious smile on his face. "Don't forget that shit."

With that, she smacked his face and pushed him into the wall he was in front of.

"Hey, what's going on here?" Mr. Martin yelled.

Mari cussed under her breath.

•••

Boodah glared at Mari and her brother as they walked out of the school to his car during their lunch period. She had her bags and a serious mug on her face. He grew curious when moments later, he saw James walking to his car and pulling off.

Boodah was still furious with his "friends", though they were constantly on his mind.

Jayla skipped towards him and plopped down on the low brick wall he sat on.

"Guess what?" She beamed.

"Wassup?" He asked, sipping his drink.

"Ya lil fat girlfriend and James got caught freakin' in the bathroom and they got suspended." She laughed, pulling out her phone. "Dumb bitch."

Boodah glared at her, angry that she tried to slickly diss Mari.

"How you know that?" He asked calmly, masking his true emotions.

"Boy, I was just in the office." She scoffed. "Mr. Martin was in there tellin Mr. Henry bout how they were 'acting inappropriately." She said using air quotes.

"You know what that mean." She finished, smirking.

The smidgen of guilt he had left about how things ended vanished. But he wasn't angry, he was hurt. He felt betrayed.

•••

"Hello?" Mari rasped, answering a call straight out of her sleep.

After getting home and having a talk with her brother about what really went down, she smoked to calm down then went to bed. She was dazed and confused upon waking up, so she didn't even check the number.

"I KNOW YOU SEEN ME CALLING YOU." A familiar voice fumed.

Immediately, she hung up.

"Motha fuckas playin on my damn phone." She mumbled as she rested her head back down on the pillow.

Again the phone rang. She looked at her phone and realized who it was.

She picked up, "I know that wasn't you playin on my phone just a while ago."

"Watch how you talk to me cause I know where ya ass stay."

"What the FUCK do you want?" Mari said after kissing her teeth.

"Bitch... I wanna know why the fuck yo ass still fuckin around with James even after you fucked yo our whole friend group. It's like yo ass really don't get it."

"Deja." Mari said before taking a deep breath. "Where the FUCK, did you get that BULLSHIT FROM? WHY THE HEL WOULD I MESS WITH YOUR FUCK ASS COUSIN AFTER ALL THIS FUCKIN MESS?"

"DON'T WORRY BOUT WHERE THE FUCK I GOT IT FROM. ANSWER MY DAMN QUESTION."

"NOBODY FUCKIN WITH YOUR LIL UGLY ASS COUSIN."

"He wasn't ugly when he was up in ya shit tho right?"

"Deja, fuck off my phone, if you not gon tell me who gave you this information."

"Is yo ass really that dumb? It's all over everybody Instagram right now."

Mari scrunched up her eyebrows then hung up. She ran to Instagram and checked everyone's stories. Her eyes bulged open.

Screenshot after of screenshot of a post that Jayla made claiming that Mari and James got suspended for "fooling around" when they were supposed to be in class.

Mari was enraged.

She checked her DMs and they were flooded with a bunch of people pressing her about the situation.

She frantically switched to Messages and her heart sank when she noticed messages from Jerome.

•••

Y'all really starting to fw my stories 🤭 Ik I been slacking but I'm gonna try to get at least one chapter out for "Algedonic" and "Her Last" by the end of this week.

BTW I update the "F.C." chapter occasionally so you can always go back and check out new photos of the characters.