7

"Another one girl." Deja told Mari as she handed her a big box.

Mari simply rolled her eyes.

"Girl if you don't want this shit, I'll take it." Dej chuckled. "That nigga really spoiling you."

Mariposa wiped her eyes and got up to open the package. It was the green Telfar bag she'd been wanting.

"Girl come look at this shit that Jayla ass posted

"Girl come look at this shit that Jayla ass posted." Deja yelled at her.

It was a video of Boodah and his baby's mother. She was showing him off and it made Mari sick.

"Fuck him." She gritted.

•••

"So you not gon say shit to me the whole ride?" Jayla said obnoxiously. "Damn, like I ain't even get a 'Hi, hello, how you doin?' Shit!"

"How far along you is?" He asked, not taking his eyes off the road.

"Two months. You wanna feel her?" She asked before trying to yuck his hand off the steering wheel, causing them to swerve.

"Bitch are you fuckin' dumb? Why would you do that shit?" He barked.

She rolled her eyes, "Tch, you needa relax Boodah. I'm tryna help you and ya baby bond."

He took a deep breath in and out, trying his best to stay calm. He regretted everything. He was mad at himself for forgetting the negative effects she had on him, all for some pussy.

"I'm wit my baby daddy yallllll!" She beamed at her phone before zooming in on Boodah's face.

"Get that shit out my face and delete that fuckin' video." Boodah demanded.

•••

"Okay, mom. Everything looks good. If you have any questions feel free to call me. You can pay at the front." The doctor said to them as she directed Jayla to the bathroom to get cleaned up.

"Doc lemme ask you a question." Boodah said lowering his voice to a whisper. "Imma keep it a bean, ion think das my baby. How long until I can get a paternity test? Can't y'all do it in the womb or some shit?"

"Yes sir, we can get one done as soon as next week. Just bring your girlfriend-"

"She not my girlfriend."

"My apologies, just schedule an appointment here next week to get it done."

Boodah thought about it for a while then remembered who he was dealing with. She would freak out if I asked for a paternity test.

"Y'all can't just do it secretly at the next appointment?"

"Sir, I don't think..."

"10k." He blurted out, desperately hoping she'd just take his offer.