Twenty Nine

"So your dad wants us to join him and the hyungs for dinner this Saturday

"So your dad wants us to join him and the hyungs for dinner this Saturday." Jimin says as both Jungkook and him catch up after their last exam got over.

"Why?" Jungkook asks.

"What kind of a dumb question is that? Your exam just got over and it's a little celebration for that." Jimin shrugs, his tone a little bit irritated. Jungkook narrows his eyes at his best friend but then he realises why Jimin looks irritated. They are in the middle of the hallway of their university and there are a lot of students around them.

Jungkook just nods and waits for them to get away from the crowd. Once the two friends are alone, walking by the trees, Jungkook asks, "So is that the real reason why dad wants us to join him?"

"For a change, yes it is. He was also mad at you because you didn't pick up his call." Jimin says. Jungkook is aware of the fact that he forgot to answer his dad's call because he was too busy trying to make Taehyung feel better yesterday. He knows his dad might have gotten angry but if he called him for something urgent, then Jimin would have been at his door in just a few seconds. But since Jimin did not show up yesterday, it means that his father only called him to talk to him in general.

"I was busy and my phone was on silent." Jungkook says smiling sheepishly. Jimin raises his eyebrows, "Busy doing what?"

"Just studies." Jungkook lies making Jimin narrow his eyes. The shorter male has known Jungkook for long enough to know when the boy is lying.

"Okay now the truth."

"But it is the truth. And also, I just tried to talk to Taehyung a bit because he was crying. You can't exactly study peacefully if someone is crying in the same room." Jungkook says, trying to sound convincing enough.

Jimin carefully thinks about what his best friend just said. Of course what else can be the reason? It's not like the big bad mafia boss would fall for a loner boy.

"How's it going with you and Hoseok hyung?" Jungkook asks, seeing the silence as an opportunity to change the topic.

"Things have been--- great. I don't know but I feel really close to him and I... like it. But I also wonder if its the right thing to do. Getting close to him I mean." Jimin says. Jungkook nods his head, understanding what his best friend is saying because he is going through something similar.

He does not even have a problem if Jimin and Hoseok get closer or become more than friends. He is pretty chill about it but he also knows that people from his gang wouldn't be so chill if they find out about Jungkook's feelings for Taehyung. Why? Because Jungkook is their future boss and a mafia boss can't have a weakness.

---------------------------

Taehyung walks through the corridors of the university. All he wants is to reach his dorm room as soon as possible because he can hear people talking about him, whispering how weak and pathetic he is and what a slut act he might have put on in front of Jungkook just to have him talk about him.