Epilogue

1 YEAR LATER

1 YEAR LATER...

Taehyung stares at his own reflection that glares back at him in the mirror. Today is the day he has been dreading for the past few weeks. It's Jungkook's first death anniversary.

It's already been one year since that unfortunate night but the incidents that happened that night still haunt him to this day in the form of nightmares. He goes through that horrible experience every single night and it's very painful. He has insomnia too. Nights are dreadful for him because he can't sleep and all he ever thinks about is how things could've been different had Jungkook been alive today.

"Hyung! Are you in your room?" Beomgyu's voice comes from somewhere downstairs. "Yes." Taehyung shouts back. Then he hears footsteps approaching his room which is followed by a knock at the door.

"It's time to go, hyung." Beomgyu says. Taehyung sighs, giving himself one final glance before walking over to the door. "Hey, Gyu." He greets him with a soft smile.

Taehyung's state hurts Beomgyu a lot since he is the one who spends most of his time with the older. He feels sad that there is nothing he can do about it. "Gyu, I want to... go alone." Taehyung confesses.

The younger looks at him with worried eyes. "You know hyung, you don't have to do it alone. I'm here for you. Mingyu hyung is here too. Just let us help." Beomgyu pleads.

The now black haired male looks at his secretary and shakes his head. "There's no way anyone can help me. You guys can't bring my Kookie back. Not even God can so... Just let me be, Gyu." His voice sounds soft, but agitated at the same time. The younger just nods his head. He can't imagine how incredibly sad Taehyung is.

"I'll get going now. Make sure to give food to Tannie and Bam." The older instructs before leaving his mansion.

He tells his driver that he would drive his own car so he can take the rest of the day off. Taehyung just wants to be alone--- just wants to be with Jungkook alone.

He gets in the driver's seat and starts driving towards his destination. His mind is clouded with the thoughts of Jungkook. He misses him. There hasn't been a single day when he didn't miss him.

Taehyung sighs, the images of that night still clear in his head. He remembers how excited he was one minute about everything getting over so that he could be with his lover but then next minute, his world came crumbling down.

He stills questions himself and God that why it was him who had to go through all that and why it was Jungkook? Hadn't they suffered enough?

But a year has passed already. Taehyung can't do anything about it. The wound is still so fresh, as if everything that happened, happened yesterday.

Taehyung looks outside the window. The sky is grey and wind is blowing at a higher speed than usual. The clouds have covered the sun completely. It seems like it's going to rain soon.