Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven:

Hayley Jeanette Tomlinson.

That is her name. No, she is not related to Louis Tomlinson of One Direction. She was the best friend of the boys. Died in a car accident where Etienne was the only person who survived. Euan told me that everything changed after she died. It seems like her departure had affected the boys so much. As fatal as it sounds now that Euan narrates me the story, this is how it all began. How one single piece of a whole revealed the rest. How one who loses the only thing that keeps him alive.

It was all because of love.

It's funny how a four - lettered word could change the whole world. Ever since my parents got divorced, I always thought that love will come as it is. It will come to the right people, the perfect match, and all those other bullshits. My heart gave up on the existence of true love. If there is love, then why did my parents' marriage ended in ashes? Harry reassured me that it still exists. Mom and dad weren't just for each other. That's why they ended.

And so does Hayley. None of the boys is her one great happily ever after. Fairytales are nothing but a load of bullcrap. Everything doesn't end in happily ever after. Right after that phrase lies the real roller coaster of events of every story. Elliot, Francois, Xavier, Sebastian, Euan, Helios, and Etienne are not for Hayley. Love is for the perfect match.

"So, what comes after this? Are we going to spend our weekend here?" Elliot asked, as everyone filed inside the farmhouse.

"On a Friday night - Oh, it's already Saturday. Yes, we are staying here for the weekend." Sebastian said.

12:30 in the morning we are all up. Honestly, all I want to do right now is fall back into my bed and sleep the night- rather, morning- away. But that's certainly not the choice here. I, the lady of distress, is stuck with hormonal teenage boys who are emotionally fucked up right now. Excuse me for my derogatory language. This is just me when I'm so pissed. I do not mean the British definition of pissed as in drunk, but pissed as mad. Why do I have to be caught up in their drama? I went to London, England to study my last year in high school. Instead, I came face to face with a new education system wherein I'd have to adopt, a lot of boys, and the cool accent of people from here. I may hate Stephanie for sending me here. But I also have to despise her for buying my plane ticket.

All I want to do right now is look for the nearest airport and go back in California where the only problem I'll be facing is how to avoid my father and his clingy wife. If I had wings like Maleficent, I will fly towards America. I just want to stay away from all this trouble. I want it to end.

"I'll stay with Francois in our usual room. I'm calling it a night, mates." Etienne said, climbing the stairs towards the rooms upstairs.

"Etienne won't you help us sort the house first?" Elliot called after him.

To his dismay, Etienne replied by slamming the door.

"Etienne's right. We could sort the house tomorrow. Let's all call it a night. Bree, take Frances to your room." Xavier said, sighing exasperatedly.

Hell on the other hand is missing. Where could he be? I may have been a bit mad for what he had done a while ago but he's still a friend. Even though he doesn't consider me as one.

"Let's go," Bree said, ushering me to come after her.

We ascended the wooden staircase, every step creating a creaking sound. I wonder how much fun they had in this house. It seems they really had great memories here. Upstairs, is a small corridor where exactly two people could fit. Every door is painted white with a silver doorknob. The wallpaper is cream colored giving the house a bright aura. On the walls are various paintings in different portrait sizes.