Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve:

Saturday afternoon we are all reclined into different places. The boys mainly avoid Etienne and Euan at all costs. The tension from last night's happenings had somehow turned everyone into a mute tv. Actions with no words at all.

I was sitting on the couch with Bree beside me when I finally got fed up of the silence.They are friends for crying out loud! Why ruin something great with another beautiful thing from the past who chose to enjoy another path in another place? Somewhere safer and peaceful. Why can't they think of that instead of killing each other out of grief?

I have one reason for that: Boys are unfathomable specimens of humanity who chose to isolate themselves whenever they feel like it.

"Dammit, when are you all going to talk to each other?!" I shouted out of impulse, making Bree jump in surprise.

Elliot sighed. "If that is as easy as you think."

I glared at him. "Of course it is! How hard is it to open your mouth and talk to your friends?"

Xavier shot me a look that says 'fuck off'. "It is hard, Frances. You don't even know a thing about her! You weren't there."

I don't know if I should be offended or guilty. Yes, I wasn't there. It is a point so clear stating that I have no right to help them. Even if I am a concerned friend. After all, they just recently knew me. I was a stranger before I invaded their desolate worlds. Even Bree's.

"I understand. You're right, I have to go." I stood up from where I sat then ran out, i don't exactly know where to go but I found a bike from the side of the house and rode it to getaway from here.

I was roaming around the unknown place. Went to shops at the village, got an ice cream, visited an old book shop, still, I can't get those boys out of my mind. I have to help them. I just have to. No matter how much they push me away, they are my new life now. I'll do whatever it takes to help all of them.

My cellphone rang from my jean pocket and I picked it up only to see Hell's name on it. "Hello,"

"Frances! Where are you? Everyone's worried about your whereabouts. Come back here this instant you bloody bi-"

"Don't you dare curse me! Okay, fine, I'll be back. Just give me ten more minutes to browse this antique shop downtown." I said, scanning through a vintage notebook.

"Downtown? How did you even get there?" He asked, concerned and wondering at the same time.

I smirked through the phone wishing he could see how proud my smirk looks like. Helios has no idea about the skills I have and let's just say he's very fond of making a fool out of my hidden intelligence.

"Hmmm... I don't know. Oh my gosh! I think I'm lost!" I exaggeratedly gushed, pretending I really was lost as a way of getting back to those assholes.

The old man facilitating the shop gave me an odd look. I politely smiled at him as he passed by. I'm practically humiliating myself in front of an old man while at the other end of the line, the younger guy I'm talking to is mentally cursing my stupidity. Little did he know, I have ways and charm to get me back to the farmhouse. I could easily talk to the people here. It's not like they speak a different language. It's just that their accents are different from what I'm used to.

"What?! Where are you exactly?" He asked, then I heard Sebastian mutter something at the background.

"What's going on, mate?"

"Frances says she's lost. She doesn't know how to get back here from where she is." Hell explained.

"We need to look for her."