Chapter Four

Chapter Four

"So, do you want to go out this Saturday?" Etienne asked for the tenth time today.

It turns out, the other twin has a case of ADHD. It's the disorder wherein a person has too much energy. And excessive energy is lethal to this certain child who has this disorder. Or at least that's what Francois told me. I do believe that Etienne's not dangerous. It's just that... He's the exact opposite of the Etienne who shies away. Like for example, the first half of school was spent by trying to keep Etienne away from sweets. Any kind of sweets. It means if he did ate loads of sugar contaminated food, he might die out of sugar rush. He won't be allowed to walk back to his dorm room alone or let alone let him be there by himself. His hyperactivity might cause his death.

So as much as possible, all of us try our best to keep an eye on him. And this time around, it's my turn to bring him back to his dorm room and accompany him while Francois finishes his football practice (Also known as soccer. ). The rest of the boys are busy with matters of their own. Bree on the other hand, went to a date with a specific guy she refused to name.

I let out a tired sigh and stopped walking. Etienne paused too and faced me with a cute smile. Though he's still moving non - stop. "No, Etienne. I won't go out with you this Saturday. Obviously you're not in your right state of mind. Eventually, you will forget all about this or keep quiet."

Etienne pouted. "All day long I have been waiting for an answer. And you gave me this?" Clearly, he's disappointed.

I placed my hand in his shoulder and stared straight into his eyes. "I'm sorry Etienne. But No. No, just no."

"That's three rejective words. And it hurts. Anyway, maybe you won't agree when I'm in this form." He walked ahead of me and I quickly run up to him. Scared that he might commit suicide. "Pero esta es la única manera que podría tener la oportunidad de hablar con usted. Es por eso que me comí toda la barra de chocolate."

"Excuse me?" I recognize this language as Spanish. But I'm not a spanish major. I don't speak this language. I knew I should have taken it when I was still in my lower grades. Now I regret it...

"Nothing. I said nothing."

"I did understand a word. The last part? Is it about the chocolate?" I asked him curiously.

Etienne shrugged. "I have no idea." Again, he tried walking faster again.

"Wait." I rolled my eyes, keeping up with him. "I thought you're french? How come you speak spanish? You know what, you guys are confusing. Sebastian is british but he speaks in an american accent. Francois is french and he's been studying in this school for a while now, yet he doesn't know how to pronounce words properly. And you, you're french but you don't have the accent when you speak in english. You have a british accent. And now you're speaking in spanish? Like what the hell! Are the people here multilingual?"

Etienne laughed beside me and placed his hands inside his pocket, still keeping the fast pace. "Sebastian is half - american half - british. He has a dual citizenship. But he grew up in america so the accent doesn't apply on him. As for Francois and I, I'm just really a fast learner and let's just say my brother's slow."

Well at least I can see something normal here. A twin insulting another twin. I could barely tell Etienne from Francois right now since Etienne is not wearing his glasses. Without the other twin's blonde hair, I could never tell them apart.

"Dude, you guys are as complicated as putting together a huge puzzle. I don't understand why you're too damn mysterious. Clearly, all of you are dark holes lacking clarity. I can't see right through you." I blabbed, stating my obvious observation.